Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Big 10 Logo and Divisions...WTF?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Logo...
ncaa_big10logo_300.gif
WFT?! Why not open the logo design up to the various graphic design departments within Big 10 schools. A high school student would have done something better than this logo.

Divisions...
Leaders Division
Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin
Legends Division
Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern
WTF?! Really? This is what the brain trust came up with?

I give both about two seasons before they change the silly logo and division names.

Zeeck

Mar 29, 2010
Aurora, IL
Completely lame!! They should just change the conference name to "The Friendship Alliance" and start handing out participation awards.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I heard this discussed on the radio earlier. Obviously every bit of it was trashed considering I live in SEC territory. Personally I think it's ridiculous as well but of course I am biased.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
They really missed the boat here.
They had a chance to really do something great, and this is a pretty lame effort all around.
I am in no way shape or form a graphic artist, but I could do much better than this.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Zeeck said:
Completely lame!! They should just change the conference name to "The Friendship Alliance" and start handing out participation awards.

:lol: Its terrible. ::facepalm:: As an OSU fan I am ashamed of this.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
There were some funny lines about this all day throughout ESPN's programming.
Don't think anyone thinks any of the naming and graphics and what not are good ideas.

The most helpful comment though was the guy on college live - who gave this tip if you're trying to figure out who's on what side:
"One side has all the M's and N's and Iowa. The other side has the rest." :lol:

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
The logo is a joke. They should have went to the same firm that did the Pac 10 new logo. That's a million times better. I think naming the divisions is going to lead to sponsors naming rights of them.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
All of this begs the question of what the other conferences should call their divisions.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I think a few other dual division titles on par with the Big Ten's naming would be...

- Friends Division & Pals Division
- This Division & That Division
- Long Division & Short Division
- A Division & Another Division
- Tree Division & Leaf Division
- Pancake Division & Waffle Division
- Over Medium Division & Over Hard Division
- Beef Division & Pork Division

JFBanicki

Sep 29, 2010
Why in the world would they incorporate the #10 in the word big??? Having the 11 in the old logo made sense since there were 11 teams, but why the #10 when you use the word ten in the logo and there are 12 teams. I honestly think they would've gotten a better logo and division names if they had run a contest for kids under 12.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Watch the PTI from yesterday. Wilbon went off about it and I completely agree with every word he said.

Stupid stupid names.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts