Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily - Tuesday - December 14, 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
TIM F'N RULES!

From the SS thread:

It's times like this that I really bemoan not having a scanner. A certain Tim Eltringham hooked me up... BIG. I'm not going to be able to even get close to doing his generosity justice with just words, but close your eyes and picture along with me.

Card #1 - 2003 Fleer Focus Dallas Clark /699 - ALWAYS happy to add a Clark RC I didn't have, especially a numbered one

Card #2 - 2006 Bowman Signs of the Future Chad Greenway Bowman auto - apparently somebody told Tim that I like Chad Greenway. I had one of these, BUT this card is a definite upgrade, because it's gotta be a perfect 10 on the grading scale

Card #3 - 2009 Press Pass Legends Shonn Greene auto - with the influx of Greene's auto'ed stuff from last year, I slowed down along the way, and tried to focus more on the cards picturing him in an Iowa uniform. Somehow, I hadn't picked one of these up yet, and now, thanks to Tim, I can cross it off the list and put it with its brothers

To this point, I was really digging what I was getting, and having a blast opening the packages. What followed almost flatlined me.

Card #4 - 2009 National Treasures Dallas Clark dual jsy/auto /10 - when I opened this card up, I just froze. I had been really close to pulling the trigger on this card a little while ago, and just couldn't afford to do it, at the time. Seriously, when I opened it, I just stopped and stared at it, in disbelief that I had finally gotten a copy.

The cards could have stopped there, and I would have been incredibly happy. But there was one more card waiting for me to open. I was convinced there was nothing Tim could have sent that could top the Clark, and his generosity had already floored me... what the hell could possibly be in #5?

Card #5 - 2007 Bowman Chrome Adrian Peterson Gold refractor /50 - if the first four cards hadn't stopped me dead in my tracks, this one did. Words don't do justice for how beautiful this card is, nor do they express how grateful I am that Tim sent this. I wrote a while ago that I was thinking about collecting AP's Chrome cards and parallels. I've picked up a few here and there, but NEVER expected to own a card like this. The gold just beams off of it, and it looks fantastic set up with the rest of my nicer AP cards.

Tim, I can't even begin to thank you for your generosity. This was a great package, and even before I came in this morning, I ran down to the Hawkeye room to look at them again. I'm going to be sending them to work with my wife so she can scan them, for people to behold. In the meantime, all of you will have to trust me that the cards were amazing, and I'm incredibly grateful to Tim.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Good morning gentlemen and kc.

Looks like Kevin Curtis is bouncing back from his cancer bout and is being signed by the Dolphins for the rest of the season.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
cwells46 said:
Got down to 10 here last night, after a certain point you can't really tell the difference :lol:

Agree. It got as low as 8 while out last night.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
RITM said:
cwells46 said:
Got down to 10 here last night, after a certain point you can't really tell the difference :lol:

Agree. It got as low as 8 while out last night.

After a little snow this weekend, us south-central KY folks are under a Winter Storm Watch for Wednesday and Thursday. Sleet, snow, and freezing rain.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Yep, I have had to cancel a trip for my parents for the second time due to the new advisory. Hoping it stays away as I have tickets to see Garth this week.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
RITM said:
Yep, I have had to cancel a trip for my parents for the second time due to the new advisory. Hoping it stays away as I have tickets to see Garth this week.

I hope I can get out of my dorm this week.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
morning all!

Man I can't wait for my secret santa package now!!! Everyone is getting such awesome things!!!

Also, last night the power flickered off a couple times. Walked outside and I think the power station down the way was going nuts.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
MojoDan said:
I would love to see the AP Gold card. Congrats!

I'd like to send the card with my wife tomorrow, so hopefully I can show it off some on Thursday. She's a graphic designer, so their scanner is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online