Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which of these players is the most over-hyped

Which of these players is the most over-hyped

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Just because of all of the old LaPorta and Chuck Norris posts, LaPorta is overhyped now. Burgess is way more overrated because of his strikeouts.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
The most over-hyped prospect in my mind isnt on the list (Fernando Martinez), but from that list, I will go with Matt LaPorta and Jason Heyward.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Ironically, I don't see any of those guys being too overrated (even Laporta, Chuck Norris jokes aside).
Maybe Bumgarner, since he only dominated low A which could still mean he doesn't have enough off speed stuff, but still tough to call a guy as dominant as he overrated.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
jbone17 said:
You are talking out your bum now sir. Heyward? Okay.

Wow, that was informative..Its an opinion post, and that is my opinion. Fortunately, you dont have to agree with it. Have you actually seen Heyward play, or are you just regurgitating nonsense that you have gained from others? Please try to comprehend the purpose of an opinionated poll before making an asinine remark. Thanks!

qualitycards94

Dec 1, 2008
laporta is over-hyped, porcello is not the next big thing imo, and heyward's abilities are exaggerated. however, I honestly cannot find a single thing I dislike about alderson or parker, those guys are such safe bets.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
jbone17 said:
Just because of all of the old LaPorta and Chuck Norris posts, LaPorta is overhyped now. Burgess is way more overrated because of his strikeouts.

Do you think Ryan Howard is good? Or Adam Dunn? Or Hank Aaron?

They all struck out alot. So did Sammy Sosa, among MANY MANY others.

We don't care about strikeouts in the bigs, so why care so much for a 20 year old in AA who is still figuring themselves out???

Obivously I would rather have someone who doesn't strike out a ton, but it is part of the game..

skrip

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Very true. Burgess is good, but not to that extent. Burgess is also undersized. And Jays, do you think I actually look at every comment like a person who sits behind a computer all day! Not a chance. What the hell does it matter anyway if I don't comprehend a post? I saw your opinon, it was wrong, and I said something. That is my opinion. Heyward is a frak and he dominated this year. Let me hear your reasons why he is overrated! You just stated nonsense so you will get nonsense back from me.

qualitycards94

Dec 1, 2008
jbone17 said:
I have one Sterling lol. This is not enough to shake my views on him. When I didn't have any cards of him I still said he was a beast.

no argument that heyward won't be very good, if not great, but the question is overhyped, and for a guy who had a season in a ball, I think he is a little exaggerated. And also everyone is entitled to an opinion, no one is right or wrong, just relax when it comes to people's ideas.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I'm relaxed lol. Heyward though you can not call overrated at all. The guy is a pure athlete who can also play Basketball too. Players that are multi-sport athletes tell you alot about their aspirations. I just thought that his statement was questionable lol.

Members online

Latest posts