Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Adam Foster's thoughts on 2010 Bowman Draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/?p=1168

We asked long time prospect writer Adam Foster what he thought of the players featured in the 2010 Bowman Chrome draft picks autograph set. Here are some notes about his favorite prospects in the set.

Gary Brown – I was not high on Brown as a draft prospect. Guys who walk as infrequently as he did in college rarely end up having much big league value. But I talked to a scout who had similar views about Brown entering the draft then saw him play at instructs and did a complete 180. He joked that Brown was a 90 runner on the 20-80 scouting scale and praised his contact ability, strong built and makeup. He said Brown is going to terrorize the minor leagues and as a 70 defender has all-star potential. I ran that report by another scout. The other scout didn’t have as much enthusiasm. I’m still not too high on Brown at this point, but if he’s a 70 defender, that alone makes him someone to keep an eye on.

read more at the link.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Interesting read from the perspective of potential impact in the majors. Most prospectors buy players based upon the stats that sell. K's to BB's ratio and or total K's, and ERA for pitchers and HR's and BA for hitters. Defense generally doesn't play when it comes to the prices that cards sell for. I enjoy reading Adam's comments though and I'm looking forward to reading his digital prospect guide.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Interesting read from the perspective of potential impact in the majors. Most prospectors buy players based upon the stats that sell. K's to BB's ratio and or total K's, and ERA for pitchers and HR's and BA for hitters. Defense generally doesn't play when it comes to the prices that cards sell for. I enjoy reading Adam's comments though and I'm looking forward to reading his digital prospect guide.

I have the DPG, and the amount of work that went into that thing is staggering. It's a true labor of love for these guys.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
That was a nice easy read.
One comment on it about his Chris Sale report.

Quote "While Chris Sale quickly proved that he has the stuff to pitch in the big leagues, I see him as a reliever who is an above-average injury risk going forward."

How can you see him as a relief pitcher when over and over again the Sox keep saying he will be a starting pitcher. They did the same thing with Buehrle (started in pen then moved to starter). I just dont get it. Also how does one think a player is injury prone?
Is it because of his motion? If he does end up a reliever it would be in a closer type role.

Also in these scouting reports do they ever talk to scouts from the team they are on or talk to the front office people to see how they plan on progressing each player?

Members online

Latest posts