Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This shiller has some sweet cards...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I've noticed he's been posting a lot of high-end and rare Astros cards for some time now, but has posted some items at auction more than once recently. Could some Berkman/Oswalt/Bagwell collectors be going nuts?

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
The shilling is blatant.

Still, if I see something I'll put a bid in for the amount I'm willing to pay. I might not win the item for as low as I would have, but I'll still get it at a price that I'm okay with.

Of course, I understand that some won't buy from a shiller out of principle. I can respect that too.

Donutme

Aug 9, 2008
California
He is a shilling fool !
I have chased his Clemens cards as far as I have been willing to go!
Good luck at landing some decent priced stuff.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
I've noticed he's been posting a lot of high-end and rare Astros cards for some time now, but has posted some items at auction more than once recently. Could some Berkman/Oswalt/Bagwell collectors be going nuts?

I've staid away. Too rich for me right now anyways. But yeah...I saw some of his stuff. Anyone win anything from him? I'd love to know his location. If its here in Houston or what. I so seriously doubt anyone around here would have that kinda collection and nobody at a local shop know about it.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
predatorkj said:

I've staid away. Too rich for me right now anyways. But yeah...I saw some of his stuff. Anyone win anything from him? I'd love to know his location. If its here in Houston or what. I so seriously doubt anyone around here would have that kinda collection and nobody at a local shop know about it.

Too rich as in no funds or too rich as in the prices aren't good? I don't collect Astros stuff, but many of the prices seem fairly reasonable right now.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
maxpower said:
The shilling is blatant.

Still, if I see something I'll put a bid in for the amount I'm willing to pay. I might not win the item for as low as I would have, but I'll still get it at a price that I'm okay with.

Of course, I understand that some won't buy from a shiller out of principle. I can respect that too.

This is pretty much how I feel as well. I'd bid what I would pay, and if I win, then I win.

However, never accept a 2nd chance offer. If they wanna shill and end up winning it, too bad.

Then again, this is why I now snipe everything. I haven't placed a normal bid in over a year.

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
I've had some extra money lately and tried to win a few of his auctions... haven't won any yet, but now I will stay far away.

It's too bad, though, he's got a lot of nice Bagwell stuff I would like to add (at least one piece).

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
maxpower said:
predatorkj said:

Too rich as in no funds or too rich as in the prices aren't good? I don't collect Astros stuff, but many of the prices seem fairly reasonable right now.

Limited funds.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
jacobbocce72 said:
I've had some extra money lately and tried to win a few of his auctions... haven't won any yet, but now I will stay far away.

It's too bad, though, he's got a lot of nice Bagwell stuff I would like to add (at least one piece).

Well on the bright side...your total has jumped a little eh? Keep trucking man! :cool:

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
predatorkj said:
jacobbocce72 said:

Well on the bright side...your total has jumped a little eh? Keep trucking man! :cool:

Ha ha... Thanks! Need to add a few more after SS!

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Here is one of his shiller names he uses:

coltsfantx

Too bad too. He really has a lot of nice cards! I've bid on quite a few and now see, why I never win.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
jacobbocce72 said:
predatorkj said:
jacobbocce72 said:

SS?

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
predatorkj said:
jacobbocce72 said:
predatorkj said:
jacobbocce72 said:

SS?

Secret Santa, sorry... I got about another 20-25 cards to add after my Secret Santa gift.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
jacobbocce72 said:
predatorkj said:
jacobbocce72 said:
predatorkj said:
jacobbocce72 said:

SS?

Secret Santa, sorry... I got about another 20-25 cards to add after my Secret Santa gift.

Cool. I would love to win some of them but as of right now...I just think they are a little out of my league for what I am budgeted. I have been seeing 1/1's pop up like crazy as well as a lot of other rarities. It sucks but I don't get too carried away.

He actually has 2 or 3 Bagwells I'd like to bid on right now but this thread plus my budget(and being drained from dropping money on presents for the family) I will be staying away.

Members online

Latest posts