Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are you this obsessed - Player collecting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knuckles

Oct 2, 2008
Kamloops, BC
Curious to know how many of you guys pick up cards of other players just because the guy you collect is shown in the background of the photo? I suppose there a lot less of these now with how practically every card is cropped around the featured player.. I was thinking back to when I was collecting everything Gretzky in the 90's and Beckett came out with a list of those cards that he happened to be in, though not his card.. I ended up grabbing all of those too..

If anyone is interested in possibly winning a free subscription to The Want List hop onto Facebook and simply tell Summit Promotions what you like and dislike about sports collectible shows. We will choose a winner tomorrow! http://www.facebook.com/SummitShow

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
growing up I always enjoyed seeing Lemieux on other player's cards but I was never obsessed to the point where I collected those cards.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Great topic.

This blew up huge in basketball. i think it was 1990/91 Hoops Sam Vincent that has MJ pictured in it as well, and gets a "bv" of like $2 because of it lol

Knuckles

Oct 2, 2008
Kamloops, BC
I do this with my Rickey Henderson collection. I also look for other players cards with his name on them, and checklists.
Wow, now that getting in depth.

This blew up huge in basketball. i think it was 1990/91 Hoops Sam Vincent that has MJ pictured in it as well, and gets a "bv" of like $2 because of it lol
Ha! I didn't know that, that's crazy. In 1991 I treasured my Shawn Kemp from 90/91 Hoops... A lot has change since then and since he's had who knows how many kids with who knows how many different women. ::facepalm::

hurrakaingvc

Nov 28, 2010
sebring, fl
ThoseBackPages said:
Great topic.

the sam vincent card had jordan wearing a #12 jersey in it due to his jersey not being there for the game. that could be one of the reasons it blew up. the also made a correction card without jordan so it was a limited run
tumblr_kpenbmzcFB1qzb7vjo1_500.jpg
this is a picture of the card

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
hurrakaingvc is 100% correct. That card became really popular due to MJ wearing that #12 jersey after his #23 jersey was stolen before the game.

Im not on FB Knuckles, but ill tell you right here the #1 thing i like about card shows, the autograph guests. Especially the card shows that are outside of Calgary (like say in Edmonton ;) ), the auto guests will determine if i will travel outside of the city to a show. If there is a big autograph guest at an Edmonton show that i am interested in meeting, i have no problems traveling to the show just for that reason.

Members online

Latest posts