Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UPS Tracking question: buying from Blowout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Hi folks,
I bought 3 boxes of Draft from Blowout as a pre-sell. I used a gift certificate from sending in GU/AU cards. I received a tracking number with an expected delivery date of 12/20 (I received that tracking number on the 14th). I have been checking the tracking number just to see the progress of the boxes, but the status hasn't changed since 12/15 when it was scanned as departing a sorting facility in Maryland--a full 72 hours ago. Is this a common experience? I know it's not late because it hasn't passed the 20th, just seems strange that it would go 3 full days with no status update.

Thanks,
Anthony

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Here is the info I have so far:

BALTIMORE, MD, US
12/15/2010 10:25 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/15/2010 12:04 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
CHANTILLY, VA, US
12/14/2010 9:40 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
12/14/2010 7:56 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US
12/14/2010 4:29 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Same thing with me and i have a package scheduled to arrive on 12/20 from Blowout. I thinks its because its being flown here from Virginia then we should see that the package is close

wlalocal71

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
Package is most likely in transit from Maryland to wherever you live, hence no tracking/scanning update.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Ok let me put on my old I used to work at FedEx Ground hat. Depending on the service they used this looks normal to be.
I have to say Blowout used there mass shipper discount.....I kid you not if blow ships 20-30 packages a day they can negotiate a better shipping price. So if the shipped standard ground or even 3 day select the UPS has this is a cheaper service and again this looks good to me. And as someone else stated the package is in route to you. BUT as someone else stated it is not on any kind of flight to you unless it is a Next Day air overnight item. Everything travels on the ground unless it has to be there overnight or 2 days and it is going from the right coast to the left coast.

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
It is quite common. For ground shipments that are a long distance your package will be loaded on a semi, and then loaded on a rain car using the railroad to send across country. You have a departure scan, but as of now it hasn't been loaded off and into a UPS facility. You won't see an arrival scan, and an out for delivery scan until Monday.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Said delivery is scheduled for the 20th, but they just sat and sat and sat in Laureal Maryland and Chantilly Virginia for like 3 days. They departed Little Rock 2 days ago....I live 2 hours from Little Rock. I guess when they say 20th they MEAN the 20th.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Just to throw in my own two cents, it is Christmas time and the mail is slowed down this time of year!

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
My order just arrived in Vernon, CA. Looks like it spent 4 days on a truck between leaving Maryland and arriving in California. No worries--looking forward to opening my 3 boxes tomorrow sometime. Wish me luck. A friend of mine has already pulled a few nice cards.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Anthony said:
My order just arrived in Vernon, CA. Looks like it spent 4 days on a truck between leaving Maryland and arriving in California. No worries--looking forward to opening my 3 boxes tomorrow sometime. Wish me luck. A friend of mine has already pulled a few nice cards.
this would be a normal delivery time from the right coast, to the left coast. Good luck on the 3 box break.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Pine Tar said:
darrend505 said:
Just to throw in my own two cents, it is Christmas time and the mail is slowed down this time of year!
yes and so does UPS and FedEx. The OP says it is UPS and not the USPS Darren

I was just generalizing all three together under mail, but yeah its slowed way down til after New Year's.

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
UPS and Fed Ex are not slowed down because of the holidays. Both are working (maybe not delivery drivers) some shift Saturday and Sunday.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Anthony said:
Boxes were out for delivery at 1:59 AM today... it's almost 9 PM with no boxes yet. Man, that driver must be exhausted!

This post is magic... 5 minutes later and my boxes arrived. I will have them busted in 15 minutes...

Latest posts