Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help with a Ruth auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardboard killer

Dec 8, 2010
Hey was wondering if anyone was good with Ruth autographs. Here is a scan of the auto -
1111ruth-1.jpg
1111ruth-1-1.jpg
Any opinions? Thanks

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
looks good to me.
for $7, you can get a psa/dna quick opinion....and every card i spent the $7 on, they slabbed, so pretty good chance if you get that quick opinion, you are golden.

GOOD LUCK!
Did you acquire this, or have opportunity to buy or? Tell us more??!

cardboard killer

Dec 8, 2010
hofautos said:
looks good to me.
for $7, you can get a psa/dna quick opinion....and every card i spent the $7 on, they slabbed, so pretty good chance if you get that quick opinion, you are golden.

GOOD LUCK!

Yes, I just got this today. I wanted to see what you guys thought. Thanks alot for the responses !!!

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
hofautos said:
looks good to me.

GOOD LUCK!
I thought you needed to have the item for sale on ebay for them to give you the quick opinion option. If that comes back authentic is a beautiful piece.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
Looks legit to me. The ink looks to be very old and if forged, it was done when forgery wasn't rampant in the hobby.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
mancini79 said:
Looks legit to me. The ink looks to be very old and if forged, it was done when forgery wasn't rampant in the hobby.

...or the seller wanted it to look that way so people would think exactly that.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Ian Stewart said:
mancini79 said:

That would be tough though, it is fountain pen and its not like it was wiped with something to make it lighter. I think the issue is if it is real or forged a while back and like it has been said forgeries were less common way back. I would be pissed if i were the seller and i saw it relisted authenticated.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
mancini79 said:

debbie-downer.jpg

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Krom said:
I would be pissed if i were the seller and i saw it relisted authenticated.

Why, the seller chose not to authenticate it this time around when selling it? If the seller knew the piece was real, they probably left money on the table by choosing not to authenticate it. If they are pissed, it should only be at themselves for not taking the time to do so themselves.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
AndruwHRJones said:
Krom said:
I would be pissed if i were the seller and i saw it relisted authenticated.

Why, the seller chose not to authenticate it this time around when selling it? If the seller knew the piece was real, they probably left money on the table by choosing not to authenticate it. If they are pissed, it should only be at themselves for not taking the time to do so themselves.

Many people do not/will not send to PSA/DNA or others. I bought mine raw, after a PSA/DNA quick opinion. I paid $1075 for the ticket then $325 for authentication.
scan0006-2.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Krom said:
hofautos said:
looks good to me.

GOOD LUCK!
I thought you needed to have the item for sale on ebay for them to give you the quick opinion option. If that comes back authentic is a beautiful piece.

I list my own item all the time to get the psa/dna quick opinion...just put some outrageous bin price up there and list it, then get the psa/dna quick opinoin.

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
hofautos said:
I list my own item all the time to get the psa/dna quick opinion...just put some outrageous bin price up there and list it, then get the psa/dna quick opinoin.

I do the same thing....but a warning to anyone who does this. I did the same thing early in the year on an autograph and PSA DNA came back with "Likely Not Genuine". No biggie, I just took down the pic and canceled my auction.

Later, when I was going to list some items, I was checking out my seller dashboard to see my ratings or whatever. I noticed I had one policy strike against me which was weird because I never had an issue with a buyer. After digging some, I found out it was because the autograph I had listed was given the thumbs down by PSA. Even though I was NOT trying to sell it, canceled it immediately and listed NOT FOR SALE in my auction, they still held it against me.

And I may be wrong here, but I think if you get 3 policy violations against you in a year, they can NARU you.

Just thought I would share my experience.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Tedw9 said:
hofautos said:

I do the same thing....but a warning to anyone who does this. I did the same thing early in the year on an autograph and PSA DNA came back with "Likely Not Genuine". No biggie, I just took down the pic and canceled my auction.

Later, when I was going to list some items, I was checking out my seller dashboard to see my ratings or whatever. I noticed I had one policy strike against me which was weird because I never had an issue with a buyer. After digging some, I found out it was because the autograph I had listed was given the thumbs down by PSA. Even though I was NOT trying to sell it, canceled it immediately and listed NOT FOR SALE in my auction, they still held it against me.

And I may be wrong here, but I think if you get 3 policy violations against you in a year, they can NARU you.

Just thought I would share my experience.

Thanks for that info....luckily for me, all of my quick opinions (on my own items) have been likely genuine so far. but that is good info to know.

Members online

Latest posts