Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: New Channels... Question for those in NE, NY & Bay Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
This week Comcast added a few new channels to the sports package.

Comcast SportsNet - Bay Area
Comcast SportsNet - New England
SportsNet New York

According to the SportsNet site it lists the teams associated with those channels.

My Question is what baseball games will I get this year with those new channels? Are Red Sox games on SportsNet... or are they all on NESN? I know Yankees are on YES... but will I get to see Mets games? And Giants on Bay Area?

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
If it's not your local area aren't you not allowed to see the games anyway?

Maybe it's changed now (or different with Comcast), but I know when I had Directtv a few years back I initially bought the sportspack, because it has all the Sportsnet regional channels and what not.......turned out all the games (or at least any games that were part of a sportspack you could buy, MLB, NBA, etc.) were blacked out if it wasn't your local market.
Pretty much a waste of money.

And to answer part of your question. NESN broadcasts Boston games.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
rymflaherty said:

Maybe it's changed now, but I know when I had Directtv a few years back I initially bought the sportspack, because it has all the Sportsnet regional channels and what not.......turned out all the games (or at least any games that were part of a sportspack you could buy, MLB, NBA, etc.) were blacked out if it wasn't your local market.

Thanks.

I see on the Bay Area channel they have a Warriors game on at 10 my time... if that is on...does that mean Ill likely get the Giants games this season.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
rymflaherty said:

Maybe it's changed now, but I know when I had Directtv a few years back I initially bought the sportspack, because it has all the Sportsnet regional channels and what not.......turned out all the games (or at least any games that were part of a sportspack you could buy, MLB, NBA, etc.) were blacked out if it wasn't your local market.

Thanks.

I see on the Bay Area channel they have a Warriors game on at 10 my time... if that is on...does that mean Ill likely get the Giants games this season.

Yeah I'd imagine that would be a good indication. (Unless it's a nationally televised game)
I was curious (since I also have Comcast) and was trying to find the info online. I wasn't able to find anything through Comcast's site. DirectTv did have info regarding blackout rules.....looks to still be the same as I described...

In accordance with blackout rules, customers who subscribe to Sports Pack will not receive professional games outside their market on these channels.

* Out-of-market games are sold separately via professional sports subscription packages.

We realize blackouts can be confusing and sometimes frustrating to our customers. However, to honor our agreements with the leagues and other owners of broadcast rights, we must pay close attention to the restrictions
that we are required to follow.

Ex - Customer in Los Angeles will see LA-based professional teams on FSN Prime Ticket (local in-market RSN): LA Lakers (NBA), LA Kings (NHL), LA Dodgers (MLB), etc. Will NOT get professional games on any of the out-of-market RSNs (those outside the LA area): Denver Nuggets (NBA), New York Yankees (MLB), etc. Customer sees "Not Available in Your Area" instead of those games

So like I said - curious if Comcast is the same. I guess I always just assumed it was the case, but never bothered to purchase the additional Sports Pack to find out.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
rymflaherty said:
P_Manning 18 said:
rymflaherty said:

Thanks.

Yeah I'd imagine that would be a good indication. (Unless it's a nationally televised game)
I was curious (since I also have Comcast) and was trying to find the info online. I wasn't able to find anything through Comcast's site. DirectTv did have info regarding blackout rules.....looks to still be the same as I described...

In accordance with blackout rules, customers who subscribe to Sports Pack will not receive professional games outside their market on these channels.

* Out-of-market games are sold separately via professional sports subscription packages.

We realize blackouts can be confusing and sometimes frustrating to our customers. However, to honor our agreements with the leagues and other owners of broadcast rights, we must pay close attention to the restrictions
that we are required to follow.

Ex - Customer in Los Angeles will see LA-based professional teams on FSN Prime Ticket (local in-market RSN): LA Lakers (NBA), LA Kings (NHL), LA Dodgers (MLB), etc. Will NOT get professional games on any of the out-of-market RSNs (those outside the LA area): Denver Nuggets (NBA), New York Yankees (MLB), etc. Customer sees "Not Available in Your Area" instead of those games

So like I said - curious if Comcast is the same. I guess I always just assumed it was the case, but never bothered to purchase the additional Sports Pack to find out.

Since they are all Comcast channels.... it might be different. The Warriors game tonight is Golden State @ Portland.. so it isnt a National game for sure.