Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official rolling 2010/11 Bowl game thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
35 games total. 32 on ESPN, alot of them "owned" by ESPN and obviously, the Championship game on Jan. 10th, which I think will be a heckuva game.

I know some people say there are too many, waters down the game, etc. but I have no problem with it at all. I love seeing the odd match-ups, the different programs you barely see in primetime and to see how the indivual teams react to their particular games. Plus, the teams are treated like royalty for that week in that area which has to be cool for them.

I really dislike the BCS system, but I do enjoy all the bowls.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
As expected, BYU rolled UTEP 52-24.

BYU struggled early this year, but got hot late and looks to be in good shape for their future as an independent, with a very tough schedule. I've always rooted for "Y", and it was nice to see them turn a lousy start around.

Next, a couple of very under-rated teams on the Smurf Turf, NIU and FresnoState. I like both teams' chances and it should another "OVER" play too, like alot of the Bowl games this year.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Pretty surprised Fresno didn't play better.

But NIU is legit and was probably better motivated 'cuz they wanted to prove that loss to Miami (OH) was kinda fluke.

Troy looks to make it another blowout in the late game too. Very impressive offense.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
48-21 Troy. Man, they looked good.

No Bowl games 'til Tues. but even with all 3 being blowouts, still kinda cool. Lot of fun games coming I think.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
gt2590 said:
48-21 Troy. Man, they looked good.

No Bowl games 'til Tues. but even with all 3 being blowouts, still kinda cool. Lot of fun games coming I think.

Troy State represented the SunBelt well today. Robinson is a helluva QB for the Trojans and the scary thing is he's just a freshman.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Good game last nite, although Southern Miss. kinda gave it away in the 4th.

REALLY looking forward to Utah-Boise tonite...

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
i expected boise st/utah to be about 62-42, real surprised at the under. i like navy tonight and hawaii tomorrow night

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
mazarazz said:
i expected boise st/utah to be about 62-42, real surprised at the under. i like navy tonight and hawaii tomorrow night

If it wasn't for all the mistakes and sloppy play I think we would have seen a score like that. The time off really affected the play of both teams.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
mazarazz said:

Hawaii might score 130 points against that Tulsa defense. :lol:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Finally some close Bowl games yesterday...

Although controversial, the ends of the Pinstripe and Military Bowls will be discussed forever and maybe lead to some much-needed rule changes.

And UW was a two TD underdog that won outright. :shock:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Roll Tide! Man, did they look good.

And TCU-Wisconsin is dead even at Halftime. Still expect a big Special Teams from TCU's returners to be the difference. Good game!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I know it wasn't tied.

But I meant TCU had kept UW out of the end zone enough to keep it close. Now they can open up the playbook a bit and take better advantage of those very under-rated WRs.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
After a pretty bad start to the bowl season, the SEC had a pretty good day. Of course, my favorite was this

[youtube:1ju9o8py]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqzmj5ewBIQ[/youtube:1ju9o8py]

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I still dont understand the BCS system. How does a 8-4 Connecticut team make it into a BCS Fiesta Bowl?? They want us to take it serious and they pull crap like this. So many teams with better records... and 8-4 makes it. ::facepalm::

Im just glad the Caps/Pens are playing the Winter Classic tonight... gives me something to watch.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
P_Manning 18 said:
I still dont understand the BCS system. How does a 8-4 Connecticut team make it into a BCS Fiesta Bowl?? They want us to take it serious and they pull crap like this. So many teams with better records... and 8-4 makes it. ::facepalm::

I believe that UConn is the first unranked BCS Bowl team. They won the tie-breaker of a very mediocore Big East and got the Automic bid of the League Champion. Ironically, TCU is headed to the Big East.

Unfortunately for UConn, it looks like OU is pumped for this game and didn't come out flat, like in the past.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
P_Manning 18 said:

Im just glad the Caps/Pens are playing the Winter Classic tonight... gives me something to watch.
What don't you understand? The Big East has an automatic BCS bowl bid just like all the other major conferences. I agree that it sucks that there are more deserving teams than UConn, but that's the way the BCS is set up.

Members online