Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hank Aaron Sweet Spot Custom Cut - w/ build steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I figured I'd post a scan of the final built card and a few shots along the process.

It was the thickest card I've ever built, coming in at just over 180pt. It's the last one I'll build this big, and I'm not sure why I did it so thick.

Step 1: Photoshop mock-up...
aaron-ss-mock2d.png

Step 2: The pieces
aaron-step1.png

Step 3: Built card, no artwork
aaron-step2.png

Step 4: The built card with artwork
aaron-step3.png

Step 5: The final cut down card
aaron-step4.png

Scanned built card in one-touch
scanned-aaron-sweet-spot.png

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Thanks for the comments, I'm definitely happy with it.

As far as the cuts go, the windows are machine die cut and the cards themselves are cut out by the blade shown in the Step 2 picture, a ruler and a steady hand (and hopefully no blood). Seriously. With this one being so thick, it was far tougher than usual.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Impressive as always Mike. Thank you for taking the time to show us a step by step on the Aaron.

If you wouldn't mind, about how much do you generally charge for a custom? I am sure that it varies by card and design, but a ballpark figure is fine. If you don't want to post it, I understand. I am toying with the idea of having a custom or two done and if I do, you're most definitely the person I am going to go to.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I love how the patina on the leather matches the hue of the cardstock. Don't know if you planned that or not, but those are the kinds of details I appreciate.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
The cuts you have created are amazing - seriously, unbelievable. The Aaron you created is no different!

I voted to cut the Aaron auto. I knew it would come out AMAZING.
And you did not disappoint!!! Beautiful card! If I had those skills I
would spend my day making cards and never get anything done!

I'll say it again, by far better than any company out there!

Great job!

Joe

PS: PM me back! I know your busy!
Thanks

Members online

Latest posts