Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shipping to Canada on Ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knew a round-about price I would have to pay to send a 3 ounce package to Canada WITH some sort of confirmation??? Just sold a few cards on ebay and I really don't want to get screwed.

Thanks in advance!
Scott

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
voteEjordan said:
I just shipped a 1oz #000 bubble mailer for $1.23 w/o delivery confirmation. Did it in person at the post office to fill out the customs form.
Which is not what he asked at all.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
scottagibson said:
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knew a round-about price I would have to pay to send a 3 ounce package to Canada WITH some sort of confirmation??? Just sold a few cards on ebay and I really don't want to get screwed.

Thanks in advance!
Scott

you will have to send registered with return receipt requested in order to do what your asking. round about price is $13.00 give or take a buck.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Registered is a gamble with eBay/PayPal; sometimes it works to fight claims, sometimes it doesn't.

The only truly safe method is Express Mail International that includes tracking, DC, and $100 in insurance (more can be purchased). Sadly, the cost is in the neighborhood of $25 to $30.

If it's a low dollar item, your best bet is to gamble the honesty of your buyer and efficiency of USPS and Canada Post.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box, should be around $13-14. Tracking/Confirmation is included. I use these for other items and they're great for international sales(where tracking is available). Your local post office should have these available and you can print the label via Ebay.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Again, while other services offer some semblance of security, if you speak to eBay/PayPal CS, they'll tell you EMI is the only truly safe method.

The USPS doesn't offer tracking on Priority Mail International Flat Rate envelopes or Flat Rate Small boxes; however, other flat rate boxes they do. The problem is, the biggest boxes have a much bigger cost. The benefit of EMI is that, while expensive, any sized package will receive tracking and the automatic $100 in insurance.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
BunchOBull said:
Again, while other services offer some semblance of security, if you speak to eBay/PayPal CS, they'll tell you EMI is the only truly safe method.

The USPS doesn't offer tracking on Priority Mail International Flat Rate envelopes or Flat Rate Small boxes; however, other flat rate boxes they do. The problem is, the biggest boxes have a much bigger cost. The benefit of EMI is that, while expensive, any sized package will receive tracking and the automatic $100 in insurance.

Great informative reply. I'd say /thread, but I think Fedex Express also offers tracked shipping to Canada for around $30 and Fedex Intl Ground offers the same for $15 (depending on weight, of course). Am I wrong?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
maxpower said:
BunchOBull said:

Great informative reply. I'd say /thread, but I think Fedex Express also offers tracked shipping to Canada for around $30 and Fedex Intl Ground offers the same for $15 (depending on weight, of course). Am I wrong?
Nope sounds about right to me.

Members online

Latest posts