Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone do anything creative with opened boxes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Just wondering. I use them as a decoration type deal in my study room. Because it isn't at my house, I don't want to stuff it full of my sports cards and memorabilia, so I had a stash of opened hobby and blaster boxes laying around, so I used them for a decoration sort of a thing. It looks pretty good actually... it fills up the space and gives something to look at...

Does anyone do anything cool with theirs? Besides tossing them?

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Back when you could pick up a pack and know you had something, I'd wait to open that or those packs until the last. I sort my cards as well. I dont' just rip and make a pile.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Adamsince1981 said:
Back when you could pick up a pack and know you had something, I'd wait to open that or those packs until the last. I sort my cards as well. I dont' just rip and make a pile.

Ok????

I meant opened... boxes... no packs or cards involved... I sort cards when I open stuff too, but AFTER that you are left with empty box. Does anyone do anything with them creative?

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
Back when I used to build sets, I used to cut out the logos and set name from the box and glue them to the (white) box I stored the set in. It looked prettier than black sharpie hand writing identifying what was in the box.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
DaleMurphyCollector said:
Back when I used to build sets, I used to cut out the logos and set name from the box and glue them to the (white) box I stored the set in. It looked prettier than black sharpie hand writing identifying what was in the box.

I do something similar, but I store my sets that I work on in binders. I usually use either a pack or the front of a box and put it in the front cover so I know what is in what.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
I've got a stack of them too, and no idea what to do with em. Seems a shame to just trash them as they become more interesting with each year that passes.....then again. Maybe i'm just crazy.

But a 2001 Bowman Chrome Box looks intriguing when you think a Pujols Rookie redemption card could have been in there.....granted there wasn't.

But that's not the point :)

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Mudcatsfan said:
I've got a stack of them too, and no idea what to do with em. Seems a shame to just trash them as they become more interesting with each year that passes.....then again. Maybe i'm just crazy.

But a 2001 Bowman Chrome Box looks intriguing when you think a Pujols Rookie redemption card could have been in there.....granted there wasn't.

But that's not the point :)

I actually kept the 09 Threads box where I pulled my Favre Viking card (the first card of him in a Viking uni) and I even had the pack that I pulled it in for some time...

I could actually tell you what I pulled in all the boxes I have displayed too, which is the sad thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts