Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

best shops in the Twin Cities?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I didn't make it to the show , which sounds like that wasn't a bad thing. But now I'm stuck in Minnesota with a hobby itch. Is there anywhere worth going anymore?

Also, technically, I'm in Stillwater, so I'm not going to drive to Ely or anything :)

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
IDK if they have any Shinders or anything there? They were semi-decent.

If you come to RWF, I can get you in contact with a guy that has more 90's wax than DA and Blowout combined :lol: :lol: :lol:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
55_marlins_sp said:
TGutta said:
[quote="J-Rod":2ml2c4ao]Three Stars Sports Cards in Roseville is the best by far.

This

Agreed 110%. And there is nothing in Ely anyone should want to come up to visit / see ...[/quote:2ml2c4ao]

Ely is really far up there... I am surprised anyone lives there...

I know it's out of the convo, but Brainerd has a pair of decent ones...

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
There was a guy at the show who just opened a new shop in Andover, I'm gonna check it out this week and probably write a review on it, I'll post it here when I do it.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
TwinGnats said:
There was a guy at the show who just opened a new shop in Andover, I'm gonna check it out this week and probably write a review on it, I'll post it here when I do it.

Do you know where in Andover? That's right near me. So I wouldn't mind checking it out.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Another vote for Three Stars. And if you're in Stillwater, directions are fairly easy as you could take Hwy 36 west from Stillwater to Roseville and exit at Hamline road. The shop is maybe a mile or so north on Hamline.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
J-Rod said:
You guys go there quite a bit? I worked there before I moved to Washington from March- June

I actually never knew about it until probably 3-4 months ago, but whenever I need supplies or just have an itch to open some hobby I go out there. Probably 2-3 times a month.

bmp1

Dec 31, 2008
Great thread. I have been looking for a store since the one here in Stillwater closed a few years ago. Thanks for the help and posting this thread.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for all the input guys. I checked, and the shop is closed today, but I'll probably run out there tomorrow.

I'm excited to be in a good shop and to see what I'll find. It's fun not knowing what to expect, but knowing that it's probably good :)

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
hive17 said:
Thanks for all the input guys. I checked, and the shop is closed today, but I'll probably run out there tomorrow.

I'm excited to be in a good shop and to see what I'll find. It's fun not knowing what to expect, but knowing that it's probably good :)

If you want to pre browse for singles this is most of their inventory. Some prices they don't really move on but at least you can make a shopping list before you go and talk them down. ;)
http://www.beckett.com/store/DrBailey2/

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
Yeah, he was passing out ads to people at his table, I'll probably go there tmw as I *sigh* have to go to mall of america today since it's the only place with a Franklin Covey store. Andover's store is called Pal's Sports Cards: 14025 Round Lake Blvd.

Weimer said:
TwinGnats said:

Do you know where in Andover? That's right near me. So I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
+1 on Three Stars. They have the best selection in town, and are really nice guys.

Interesting seeing how many other people have agreed with Three Stars - I wonder how many of you, aside from Weimer and J, that I've met in passing there.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
TwinGnats said:
Yeah, he was passing out ads to people at his table, I'll probably go there tmw as I *sigh* have to go to mall of america today since it's the only place with a Franklin Covey store. Andover's store is called Pal's Sports Cards: 14025 Round Lake Blvd.

Weimer said:
TwinGnats said:

Sweet. That's less than 10 minutes from me. I will have to check it out.

Members online