Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yasmani Grandal Red Refractor Auto - Scan Added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktothep

Aug 7, 2008
Hey everybody. I pulled a Grandal red auto (1/5) and I was wondering if you guys could help me with a possible SV on it. I can get a scan up later tonight. I also pulled a Harper Aflac and a Machado Ref Auto, but I'm keeping those ones for now. It was a hell of a day busting wax, lol. Thanks for any input/advice you guys can provide.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
Re: Yasmani Grandal Red Refractor Auto

awesome pulls!

the last red didn't sell at 799

very difficult to gauge a sv on such rare card but i think your best bet is to just run it 7 days from .99 and let it fly. buyers can use their christmas $$ for it!

and my guesstimate would be 450-550? gold's are selling for 125 so maybe around there. give or take

dave

ElwayHOf2004

Apr 4, 2009

Last year I sold a Mitchell Red for $400 or so. maybe 450. I'd say that ballpark but it's really whatever Wossa feels like paying!

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

How did people sell cards before fcb?

ktothep

Aug 7, 2008

Thanks Dave, I didn't even see the red in the completed listings and nothing above a blue.
Thanks Elway, I was thinking maybe $400 myself.

I just wanted to get some input, because I really have no idea and I know there are a lot of knowledgable people on here. Probably gonna list on the bay, but not sure if I want to do an auction or BIN.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008

ktothep said:
Thanks Dave, I didn't even see the red in the completed listings and nothing above a blue.
Thanks Elway, I was thinking maybe $400 myself.

I just wanted to get some input, because I really have no idea and I know there are a lot of knowledgable people on here. Probably gonna list on the bay, but not sure if I want to do an auction or BIN.

Now is it gradebale? If so, I would grade it and then sell it...it doesn't hurt to have a 9.5 label on it and Grandal is a big name that still sell well in the months ahead.

ktothep

Aug 7, 2008

Messier, I don't think it is gradeable, because the auto wouldn't get a 10. It's kind of a shame too about the auto since it's such a low numbered card.

Dave, I saw the other red now. I was searching Grandal bowman chrome and not bowman draft also. That's how I missed a bunch, lol.

ktothep

Aug 7, 2008

Here is the Grandal:

001.jpg

003.jpg

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
Beautiful card. I really love the way the red matches with his catching gear.

It's a shame about the autograph, though. He probably was using one or two markers the entire signing.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Jared said:
Beautiful card. I really love the way the red matches with his catching gear.

It's a shame about the autograph, though. He probably was using one or two markers the entire signing.

I pulled a gold auto of him and the sig is like it's started to fade

grandalgoldrefauto.jpg

and this Orange sold last night, look at the 'L':
http://cgi.ebay.com/YASMANI-GRANDAL-201 ... _796wt_905

It seems to me he should have asked for another marker...

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
sebpoo said:
It seems to me he should have asked for another marker...

I think Topps should have just given him another marker considering they know how important these cards are to their product and maybe Yasmani doesn't know just how important these parallels are.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA

ktothep said:
Here is the Grandal:

001.jpg

003.jpg

I can see the grade of the card and the auto getting a 9. Definitely not worth grading, but a great card with lots of potential to sell raw.

ktothep

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks Garko for the advice. And Jared, the red on red definitely looks sweet. I forgot that I also pulled an Adrian Maris USA gold auto. That case I was busting from was crazy. Another guy pulled a Taillon Refractor Auto as well.

Members online

Latest posts