Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Avalon Hill Board Game - Schilling Autograph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I was reviewing my Schilling inventory for Bigpapi and I noticed a Schilling autograph on two of my 1991 Avalon Hill - Statis Pro game cards and I have no idea how they got there. A few questions:

1) Is anyone aware of any promotion that Avalon Hill did including player autographs on their game cards?
2) Does the signature look legit? (see below for front and back scan) It looks different than what I'm seeing in a google search, but the "C" and the "S" are similar.
3) I'm assuming he's signed when he was an Astro (#19), since he was #43 as an Oriole and #38 as a Phillie, but I don't have any of his Astro cards that show his # clearly.

1991StatisProSchillingAutograph.jpg

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
IndyMann said:
Looks like a facsimile.

I think you may be right, but I don't recall seeing signatures on any of the other game cards.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
Very interesting piece. As to whether it's legit, I say yes. It looks very similar to his older style full signature. He very rarely added his number and I've never seen anything signed during his Astro years. Thanks for sharing!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
While the sig looks legit, the best way to tell if it's a facsimile or not is to compare the two examples you have. If they're identical, I think that may be your answer.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Its very clearly a facsimile. You can tell its not pen ink from the way it "fades".

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Thanks for all the responses. After looking closely at the two I have, they are identical. I'm still curious why only 1 out of 500 players would have it though?

Members online

Latest posts