Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Got my first Leaf/Razor card today - and it is a doozy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
I've been a member on Trading Card Central longer than I have here, and one of the forum's members is one of the most generous guys you will find. He goes by aceecards there, and he does have a seldom-used account here (oasis). I've been graced by Steve's generosity before, but not quite to this extent.

I graduated from WKU on Saturday, and he sent out a graduation "gift" to me since I graduated with honors. I received it today, and was blown away. Apart from my one Babe Ruth GU this is the greatest card I've ever had.

First were these cards - maybe a new set to go after?

Mr. Paik LOST autograph (Sun's father, Jin's employer)
normal_paiklostautograph.jpg

Susan Lloyd (Walt's mother)
normal_lloydautograph.jpg

Next comes the finale, which flabbergasted me as soon as I saw the signature.

2010 Leaf Sports Icon Update Hank Aaron cut autograph /50
normal_hankaaroncut.jpg

That's right - Hammerin' Hank! This makes the only 500 HR Club signature I have apart from Sosa and Frank Robinson - I may work on adding a few more.

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
Wow, awesome gift! Props to the very fine gentleman who sent them your way!

And congrats to you on graduating with honors. That is a very impressive achievement which you should be proud of. My daughter is going off to college next summer, I hope she does this well.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
ffgameman said:
I graduated from WKU on Saturday, and he sent out a graduation "gift" to me since I graduated with honors. I received it today, and was blown away. Apart from my one Babe Ruth GU this is the greatest card I've ever had.

Nice cards and congratulations on your graduation. My son, Chaz, is a freshman at WKU Honors College majoring in Spanish & Biology (pre-med) and just finished the semester with a 4.0 GPA. Way to go Hilltoppers!

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
KLARNOLD said:
ffgameman said:

Nice cards and congratulations on your graduation. My son, Chaz, is a freshman at WKU Honors College majoring in Spanish & Biology (pre-med) and just finished the semester with a 4.0 GPA. Way to go Hilltoppers!

Very, very cool! Tell him kudos from a WKU alumni!

cspears22

Dec 15, 2010
Kentucky
Wow! That's an awesome gift!

Congrats on Graduating! I live about 20 minutes from WKU so even if nobody else knows where it is I do :D.

Members online

Latest posts