Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's Everyone Breaking on Christmas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Just thought everyone would like to share what will be under the Christmas tree in terms of boxes or maybe a special single. We only have 3 days left and most presents should have been bought by now. I have been busting boxes on Christmas for almost a decade now, but never seem to have any luck with pulls. I have busted cases and also tried a mix of boxes, but never a pull to talk about. When I was younger I would get packs from Target or Wal-Mart as stocking stuffers, and then upgraded to a few select boxes when I got to high school age. I have 18 boxes ready to open this Saturday with a case of 2010 Chrome and 6 boxes of out of a fresh case of 2010 Draft that was opened just for me by my LCS. In terms of total boxes, this will be my biggest X-mas break ever. I just hope Santa put a nice card somewhere in one of these boxes :p

Let's hear your future break and maybe a good Christmas break story. Thanks and Happy Holidays to everyone,

Andrew

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
About the only thing I will be breaking is my daughters toys as I try to assemble them.I swear you have to be a ******* engineer to build a toy now a days. :oops:

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
hofmichael said:
About the only thing I will be breaking is my daughters toys as I try to assemble them.I swear you have to be a fracking engineer to build a toy now a days. :oops:
My father put together a Lego crane that had 1300 parts for my nephew. I liked putting stuff like that together to a degree but thats just crazy.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Someone in the family bought me a pack of cards (IDK what brand, but we put our presents under the tree before taking them to the grandparents, and it is pack sized).

I will be opening a box of trackside with my uncle, considering it gets here by tomorrow.

tombb25

Dec 17, 2009
Napa, CA
Just a box of 2010 BDPP for me, very excited though, it came in the mail on Monday and it just sat there taunting me until my girlfriend wrapped it up.

biggosh95

Sep 1, 2010
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
My bought me some singles that he said that i'd like and im pretty sure my mom got me some boxes! My brother will be getting 2 etopps phillies cards and a #'d j-roll card. i already broke the boxes I got with the money from my grandparents.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
It's odd, nobody ever buys me cards for christmas... When people ask me what I want, I say 2 things... Cards and money. The people that ask me always end up buying me shirts or some sort of dumb gag gift.

I got a few cards last year, I got 2-3 packs and a 100 card thing, and a year before that, I got a blaster of Heritage (yeilded a Span Chrome though).

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
No cards from the family (I purposely do that because the hobby is so confusing to outsiders that if I ask for a certain product, I'm likely to get a few packs from the retail stores that have already been molested by pack-searchers). Easy to get just money so I can get what I want when I want (wait on the secondary market to lower pricing).

I will be busting one 2008 Documentary box (doing a box a month now instead of a pack a day - the 15 boxes would take forever at a pack a day ;) and I"m starting a box of Ballpark Collection since I do a pack from a $100+ box annually on christmas. I opened the last pack from a box of 2005 Absolute Memorabilia Update last christmas so that box lasted me four christmas'.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
rsmath said:
No cards from the family (I purposely do that because the hobby is so confusing to outsiders that if I ask for a certain product, I'm likely to get a few packs from the retail stores that have already been molested by pack-searchers). Easy to get just money so I can get what I want when I want (wait on the secondary market to lower pricing).

I will be busting one 2008 Documentary box (doing a box a month now instead of a pack a day - the 15 boxes would take forever at a pack a day ;) and I"m starting a box of Ballpark Collection since I do a pack from a $100+ box annually on christmas. I opened the last pack from a box of 2005 Absolute Memorabilia Update last christmas so that box lasted me four christmas'.

Same here, but my it's still nice (for me anyway) to get cards for christmas, so I just as for cards.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Had a box of Ginter and BC but couldn't help myself and already opened them, nothing exciting. I'll take a Lakers win.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I feel like I always have good luck on Christmas wax. Then again, I rarely open wax any other time, so I guess I really don't have much for comparison. The first case I ever did was also my favorite Christmas present of all-time. I was completely ecstatic to have a full case; and I did well on it too.

I broke a couple boxes of BDP and one of Chrome today. Probably another box or two on Christmas.

Members online