Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looks like we no longer need $1.22 postage on mailers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I had a guy tell me that you no longer need to pay $1.22 to ship a single card in a bubble mailer. And today I got a mailer in the mail with 88c worth of postage and it arrived without issue.

bja613

Jan 6, 2009
Norman, OK
You only have to pay the $1.22 if you want Delivery confirmation and if you don't want the package to go through the sorting machine. If you want D/C and the package is too thick to go through the sorting machine, you have to pay the parcel rate at $1.22

crowTrobot

Nov 4, 2010
what sucks is a few POs apparently don't understand the flexibility rules, so 99 times out of 100 you can send a mailer with a single card for 88c, but then you'll get one back or an unhappy customer charged 34c postage due giving you a 1 on shipping charge.

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
It's been this way for awhile. As long as the bubble mailer is a 1/4 inch thick or less, two stamps is all you need. Good for low value trades and such.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
crowTrobot said:
what sucks is a few POs apparently don't understand the flexibility rules, so 99 times out of 100 you can send a mailer with a single card for 88c, but then you'll get one back or an unhappy customer charged 34c postage due giving you a 1 on shipping charge.

This is the issue I was having - I've just been putting 1.22 on them. I know two postal clerks pretty well - they say different postmasters have different rules.

It got to where it was more like 1 out of 10 having problems - used to be more like 1 out of 100.

Members online

Latest posts