Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

01 Bowman Chrome ICHIRO investment: Japanese or English??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charliehustle

Feb 5, 2010
USA
Hey guys, if I were looking to buy a few PSA 10s/BGS 9.5s of the 2001 Bowman Chrome Ichiro RC, which will most likely be or is the better choice/investment, the English or Japanese version??

Thanks!
charliehustle

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
i'd never seen price discrepencies between the two BUT my logic has japanese text over usa text because....more japanese buyers and they'd want it in their language?? lol!

can't go wrong with both.

dave

charliehustle

Feb 5, 2010
USA
cmnkb8 said:
Either would probably be about the same.

Personally I'd pass on both and go for the SPx Auto/GU RC's.

Yeah Ive been wanting to pick up an SPx RC and the Ult Coll AUTO RC but they are too high for me right now. I thought maybe the Bowman Chrome would be a good investment with the popularity of the set and thought they would have room to grow as he approaches 3000 hits, if the even achieves that...

A Ultimate Collection RC Auto just closed recently for $2200+ and I know its a buyer in Ohio, who from what I understand and have been told, "works" on his cards for grading purposes...everything from baseball RCs, Durant RCs, MJs, Tiger Woods, etc....so I, curious to see if it pops up with a higher grader than it should in a PSA or BGS holder...

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
As I mentioned in your other post, I think Ichiro will fall into your category of HOFers with the fewest on-card autos. But I gotta agree that those on-card autos are too pricey!

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Mighty Bombjack said:
As I mentioned in your other post, I think Ichiro will fall into your category of HOFers with the fewest on-card autos. But I gotta agree that those on-card autos are too pricey!
I agree. If you go with the Chrome i would look at a gold ref. as opposed to a psa 10 or bgs 9.5. Spx was mentioned before but even though the Ultimates have a lot of bad autos i prefer them to the spx, i have not seen one that was not cut off. They aren't #d and can't really call them on card. + Ichiro doesn't sign much and is well collected.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
daveyou said:
i'd never seen price discrepencies between the two BUT my logic has japanese text over usa text because....more japanese buyers and they'd want it in their language?? lol!

dave

This post was pretty disappointing. Where are the pictures!? ;)

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
RL24 said:
daveyou said:

dave

This post was pretty disappointing. Where are the pictures!? ;)

Here ya go....

IchiroBGS-4.jpg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I still need to get the regular version... :D

ichiro-rc-auto.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
No offense, but that card really hasn't fluctuated in price in years.

Safe investment? Sure, I doubt it will lose you money.

Good investment? Doubtful. If it hasn't increased in value in years, I don't see it magically doing so now

Members online

Latest posts