Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Draft Grading-Seriously?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
http://www.beckett.com/grading/poprepor ... 02#results

48/49 base Bowman Chrome Draft cards graded PRISTINE. Not gem, but pristine. Really?

13/15 Bowman Chrome Draft refractors graded pristine, the other two gemmed.

17/26 Bowman Chrome Draft blue refractors graded pristine, all others gemmed.

The autos aren't as crazy, but still the gem rate on them is like 99.5%. That firstclasscardguy (formerly ibuytigerwoods) must have a very good friend at BGS.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
bballcardkid said:
http://www.beckett.com/grading/popreport.asp?action=showcards&txtSetName=2010+bowman&sportid=1&setid=128402#results

48/49 base Bowman Chrome Draft cards graded PRISTINE. Not gem, but pristine. Really?

The autos aren't as crazy, but still the gem rate on them is like 99.5%. That firstclasscardguy (formerly ibuytigerwoods) must have a very good friend at BGS.

the guy opened 50 cases guys. Theres gonna be a load of clean clean cards in there. Dude pushed them thru at a high rate. again 50 cases. i do feel before we make posts like this we should know more about the picture. our not seeing the no grades that were not gems and there are a ton.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
jcmint said:
bballcardkid said:
http://www.beckett.com/grading/popreport.asp?action=showcards&txtSetName=2010+bowman&sportid=1&setid=128402#results

the guy opened 50 cases guys. Theres gonna be a load of clean clean cards in there. Dude pushed them thru at a high rate. again 50 cases. i do feel before we make posts like this we should know more about the picture. our not seeing the no grades that were not gems and there are a ton.

You might have a point if this was a first time incident, but this also happened with Bowman w/ Chrome. Even then, regardless of how many cases you open, the odds of getting 48 out of 49 base cards to pristine are insane. He either has a fanastic eye, or like I said, a great bud.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
bballcardkid said:
jcmint said:
bballcardkid said:

You might have a point if this was a first time incident, but this also happened with Bowman w/ Chrome. Even then, regardless of how many cases you open, the odds of getting 48 out of 49 base cards to pristine are insane. He either has a fanastic eye, or like I said, a great bud.

Are you jealous? What is the point of this thread? BGS is corrupt = old news. The reason he got so many Pristines is because he paid out the ass for quick turnaround to have the first ones on eBay. He gave them a lot of money, so they probably gave him the benefit of the doubt on some close calls.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
bballcardkid said:
jcmint said:
bballcardkid said:

Well at the very least the order likely had a minimum grade of 9.5, so they probably submitted hundreds maybe even 1000 given 50 cases. I also think there may be something funky with the BGS population reports for certain cards as it is showing a ton more 10's in 2010 bdp than any product in the past. For example, with my guy, there are 10 BGS 10's of a base chrome and non of a 9.5. He could also of submitted an order of BGS 10 min for cards that bgs 9.5 don't necessarily get enough added bonus to make it worth it.

And on top of that, everything from my case was significantly better condition wise than any other draft product i've ripped

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Joshua.Roundtree said:
bballcardkid said:
jcmint said:
bballcardkid said:

Are you jealous? What is the point of this thread? BGS is corrupt = old news. The reason he got so many Pristines is because he paid out the ass for quick turnaround to have the first ones on eBay. He gave them a lot of money, so they probably gave him the benefit of the doubt on some close calls.

Fantastic contribution.

Let's see if you can go into every single I hate Topps thread and ask them what's the point or making it or so what? Topps sucks dick = old news.

That's right, you won't do it.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
bballcardkid said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
bballcardkid said:
jcmint said:
bballcardkid said:

Fantastic contribution.

Let's see if you can go into every single I hate Topps thread and ask them what's the point or making it or so what? Topps sucks dick = old news.

Ok, how should my post have read then buddy.

I told you plenty of things you already knew. That's the way it is. I've gotten over it. Others haven't. Posts on a message board won't do anything. How about you stop sending them your cards? Your initial post just sounds like whining. Open 50 cases of product, send your best 200 cards for 5-day turnaround and you too can have all the Pristine slabs you want. Is it right, no. Is it going to change, no.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Joshua.Roundtree said:
bballcardkid said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":khw1t766]
bballcardkid said:
jcmint said:
bballcardkid said:

Fantastic contribution.

I told you plenty of things you already knew. That's the way it is. I've gotten over it. Others haven't. Posts on a message board won't do anything. How about you stop sending them your cards? Your initial post just sounds like whining. Open 50 cases of product, send your best 200 cards for 5-day turnaround and you too can have all the Pristine slabs you want. Is it right, no. Is it going to change, no.[/quote:khw1t766]

As I said buddy,

Why don't you go into every single Topps Quality Control issue thread, after all those appear a lot more frequently than BGS complaints, and post the same thing since your the Official FCB forum ninja and only you can approve what can and can't be posted regarding hobby complaints. After all, it's not like complaing about Topps quality control is going to change anything, is it?

Again, as I said, you won't. Merry Christmas to you too :p .

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
bballcardkid said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
bballcardkid said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":2wl87i1e]
bballcardkid said:
jcmint said:
[quote="bballcardkid":2wl87i1e]http://www.beckett.com/grading/popreport.asp?action=showcards&txtSetName=2010+bowman&sportid=1&setid=128402#results

Fantastic contribution.

I told you plenty of things you already knew. That's the way it is. I've gotten over it. Others haven't. Posts on a message board won't do anything. How about you stop sending them your cards? Your initial post just sounds like whining. Open 50 cases of product, send your best 200 cards for 5-day turnaround and you too can have all the Pristine slabs you want. Is it right, no. Is it going to change, no.[/quote:2wl87i1e]

As I said buddy,

Why don't you go into every single Topps Quality Control issue thread, after all those appear a lot more frequently than BGS complaints, and post the same thing since your the Official FCB forum ninja and only you can approve what can and can't be posted regarding hobby complaints. After all, it's not like complaing about Topps quality control is going to change anything, is it?

Again, as I said, you won't. Merry Christmas to you too :p .[/quote:2wl87i1e]

Merry Christmas to you as well. Cheers

Members online