Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Eagles v Vikings Postponed Until Tuesday @ 8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
You guys should know by now that all the NFL cares about is money and ratings. By pushing the game to Tuesday, they'll gain a prime time spot on TV and give Favre 2 extra days to get healthy. A game with Favre playing in it will gain more viewers than with a game with Joe Webb at QB.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I for one am thanking the NFL, as I have Vick in the Super Bowl, Ill take non-blizzard conditions Vick over blizzard conditions Vick any day of the week and twice on Sundays. :d

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
mstng99tim said:
You guys should know by now that all the NFL cares about is money and ratings. By pushing the game to Tuesday, they'll gain a prime time spot on TV and give Favre 2 extra days to get healthy. A game with Favre playing in it will gain more viewers than with a game with Joe Webb at QB.

Exactly.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
mstng99tim said:
An extra day of watching football.....I'm failing to see the downside of it.

Downside=No Football to watch on a Sunday night ::facepalm:: :cry:

If it was just an afternoon game that would be great because then there are other games to watch

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
mstng99tim said:
An extra day of watching football.....I'm failing to see the downside of it.

Downside=No Football to watch on a Sunday night ::facepalm:: :cry:

If it was just an afternoon game that would be great because then there are other games to watch

Little Cesar's Bowl :lol:

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
Seiya said:

We play 50% of our games up here in the CFL in Blizzards :D :lol:

bunch of sissys ;)

The weather didn't stop Van Buren from getting the job done in 1948.

1948 NFL Championship game
Van Buren's signature game came on December 26, 1948. Playing in a blizzard for the NFL Championship against the Chicago Cardinals, Van Buren scored the only touchdown of the game to give the Eagles their first league title. They would win their second crown a year later against the Rams. In that game, Van Buren set a league record with 196 yards rushing.

The greatest irony was that Van Buren almost missed the game. Thinking the game wouldn't be played in the blizzard, he remained home until Eagles coach Earle "Greasy" Neale called him and told him the game was still on. He had to catch 3 trolleys and walk 12 blocks in order to make the game on time.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
They made the Right call IMO. Most of the players and about half of the fans live in South Jersey, which although close was getting pounded all day. I do think it's very lame to not offer a refund for Tuesday though.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I know Little Caesar's must be heaping praise to the gods! Instead of a bowl game almost noone would watch, they got a bowl game that I bet might wind up about second most watched bowl game of the season behind the BCS championship game.

I know I was watching the bowl game because without SNF, what else was there to watch tonight other than Top Gear U.S.?

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
imac220 said:
Unbelievable. A disgrace to the game

::facepalm:: Lets not go that far lol. Common sensehas to prevail. I live in the Pocono Mtns here in PA and have to say for the safety of the public heading and players to the game it was a great call. Not so much heading but that would have been an emergency scene nightmare with the accidents. Let alone they need all the highways and roads clear ot be able to clear them. I would dare to say if they played that game last night that the players and fanes would have still been on the road this morning. I have been stranded on I90 for 8hrs for a blizzard on a much smaller scale

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Pennsylvania governor calling postponement of the game is how far the US fallen turning into bunch of pansies. Strangely I agree with him

Members online

No members online now.