Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Year in Review: Pulls, Buys, Sells, and Stories.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
What are your highlights this year?

Here are mine:

My Best Pull:

This one is hard to say...Being that mine have all been from basketball...
I have pulled many nice refractors, and autos better than this, but this one has an interesting story behind it...
Picture1002.jpg

My Best Buy:
Obviously...
Picture1045.jpg

My Best Sell:
I was finally able to move about 5k cards. This isn't over, as I am going to make one last push to get cards out the door.

My Best Story:

Hmm... I have many... between going to the first game at Target Field, to meeting guys like Delmonico, to becoming the #1 Stingers fan... I would have to say seeing Bob Feller. He usually goes to TwinsFest for his Museum, and we stopped at him booth. My friend won the top prize at his booth (spinning the wheel) and I urged him to get a signed ball from Mr. Feller, knowing his age, I wanted to give him the chance to meet a legend. I said hi to him... I did meet him last year, but seeing him one last time was just awesome.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Pull:
Domonic Brown EEE Auto /100

Buys:
Anything Arencibia.

Sells:
Anytime I sell cardboard for money is good.

Stories:
Getting to go on road trips with the Ohio University baseball team. Meeting lots of people, fun on the bus, in the hotel, restaurants, etc and learning tons.

Working for the Tennessee Smokies. Great experience and meeting and talking with guys like Chris Archer, Brett Jackson, Nate Samson, Trey McNutt, Esmailin Caridad.

J.P. Arencibia's MLB debut.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Pull: Johnny Bench/Neil Walker dual auto
Buy: Schilling/Ortiz/Varitek triple auto
Sell: Got $18 for a Jim Leyland auto
Story: I had a long highway drive on the last day of the season. It was sunny and decently warm so I opened all the windows and blasted the Red Sox/Yankees game on the radio. The Sox kept the Yanks from winning the division, Ortiz had a bunt single, and Varitek had a nice moment with the fans. For me that is what baseball is all about.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
Pull:
Allesn Ginter Strasburg Mini
MCG Code that yielded a Strasburg

Buys:
Carlos Gonzalez 2005 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor
Carlos Gonzalez 2010 Topps Chrome Superfractor

Sells:
Jason Heyward 2008 Bowman Chrome Refractor $185
Stephen Strasburg MCG Topps #661 non autoed $450

Stories:
Dont have any baseball card related..

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Best pull: Probably my 5 MCGs :lol: Very few packs this year.
Best sell: Didn't sell anything.
Best buys: Game worn 2007 World Series hat
Best stories: I went to 41 MLB games this season. I got almost 200 autographs, and 20 batting practice balls. I met a few players. My favorites were Mark McGwire, Clint Barmes, Tim Byrdak, Jamey Carroll, Steve Lyons, Mark Strittmatter, and Jeff Bagwell.

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
pulls:
i opened a few bowman platinum blasters. nothing really spectacular pulled, however i was happy to get some lincecums and a nice strasburg.

buys:
many brandon wood items...
2007 red angels jersey - worn when he hit his 1st home run
game used bats, batting gloves, cap and batting practice cap
2006 bowman chrome red ref auto

2010 WS stuff for lincecum, posey and bumgarner to sign at 2011 spring training

stories:
after many visits to scottsdale stadium over 2 spring trainings of trying to get lincecum, on my last attempt i was able to get him on a black baseball in gold ink.
another great year of brandon wood in person autos collected - at spring training and arizona fall league.
getting bryce harper on a ball his 1st game during arizona fall league.
experiencing my friends' that are giants fans happiness and excitement with the giants' victory.

Jheywardfan

Apr 25, 2010
Arlington, TX
1)Best Pulls: Strasburg Bowman Blue Border Auto, Kobe Bryant Jersey Auto from National treasures, James Harden Logoman Auto from National Treasures

2)Best Buys: Mike Trout Chrome Gold Ref Auto for $60, Ackley Chrome Blue Ref Auto and Tate Gold Ref Auto for $150 total

3)Best Sells: Mike Trout Chrome Gold Ref Auto (because of ROI), Strasburg Bowman Blue Border Auto (even though I couldve got a TON more!)

4)Best Stories: Won a Beckett Contest at the beginning of the year from the previous years football season, won a Panini contest last week, the National, going to game 5 of the World Series with my bestfriend, going to a Mavs game 2 weeks ago in a suite with my wife, meeting and taking pictures with Bart Starr, Jason Heyward, Cal Ripken, Mick Foley, and a ton of others....

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Best pull: Couldn't tell you, since I bust so little wax.

Best buy: Anything rare of JJ.

Best sale: Not because of the $$$, but because of the cause: '09 A&G Red Ink JJ #'d/10 to Geroge

Best story: Not card related, but the birth of my first child (daughter) on July 25th.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Pull: I don't open wax.......

Buy: Starlin Castro 2010 Topps Triple Threads Sapphire Patch Auto #7/10 for $62.00 dlvd, three weeks later another went off (#5/10), sold for $125 and had a chunk of the surface missing, and had a very large stray Sharpie mark on the front by the Patches.

Sell: Got rid of a 5000ct. or various junk RCs that was sitting in my closet since 2005. Nothing better than someone willing to fork over a little coin for something that I had four of five times considered just throwing in a dumpster.

Stories: I got a Longoria ball this year at one of the Rays games. He plays long toss with a teammate and gradually works his way from the 1B line down to the backstop. When he reaches the backstop, he takes a look into the stands and makes eye contact with someone and throws them the ball. I was lucky enough to get one and I'm sure Evan was pretty happy I was paying attention because the ball would have smacked an 80-year old woman right in the chops had I not reached my hands in front of her unsuspecting face. Got a thumbs up from Longoria! Very cool

EDIT: Also was at Jeremy Hellickson's MLB debut

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Best pull: Football- 1/1 UD Icons Jerry Rice autographed letter

Best buy: Jeter game used bat, long sold

Best sale: Roy Campanella signed baseball, 2 2006 SI Maria Sharapova autographs

Best story: Nothing huge in the cardboard world happened

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Best pull by far

Scan-1.jpg