Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I think Razor needs to find a new sketch artist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
CMB for the Justin Guarani sketch - big fan of one time American Idol rejects. :D

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Didn't recognize a lot of the names either.
Thought the first one was Debra Harry of Blondie.
DANNY

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
These are who I can remember and what they may have done. Man I'm older then most on here.
Although some of them did not look right, I could see them when I read the name.
Lea Thompson from back to the future 1, 2, 3
Erin gray was on Sliver Spoons on NBC, Bay Watch, and Love boat
Donna Douglas know as Elly May Clampett, daughter of The Beverly Hillbillies,
Tanya Roberts Charlie’s Angels (she replaced Shelly Hack) Beastmaster, Posed in Playboy
Bo Derek starred in the movie 10
Stan Lee Former President and Chairman of Marvel Comics
Paul Rodriquez, comedian From the ABC Sitcom a.k.a.Pablo and his son Paul Jr is a professional Skateboarder
Gil Girard Played Buck Rodgers in the 25th century
Christopher Knight played Peter Brady on the Brady bunch he also hosted a game show
Justin Guarini Runner up in American Idol season 1 to Kelly Clarkson (Remember Kelly and Justin?)
Linda Blair Played in the Exorcist (Regan) and Exorcist II
Ashley Judd starred in Star Trek the next generation
Larry Hagman from I dream of Genie and the TV Show Dallas
Dawn Wells Played Marianne on the TV Show Gilligan’s Island

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
wow... those are horrible.... I don't know I would've ever guessed any of them from pictures alone...

One I know many of you might remember is:
John Schneider was Bo Duke from the Dukes of Hazzard

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Pine Tar said:
These are who I can remember and what they may have done. Man I'm older then most on here.
Although some of them did not look right, I could see them when I read the name.
Lea Thompson from back to the future 1, 2, 3
Erin gray was on Sliver Spoons on NBC, Bay Watch, and Love boat
Donna Douglas know as Elly May Clampett, daughter of The Beverly Hillbillies,
Tanya Roberts Charlie’s Angels (she replaced Shelly Hack) Beastmaster, Posed in Playboy
Bo Derek starred in the movie 10
Stan Lee Former President and Chairman of Marvel Comics
Paul Rodriquez, comedian From the ABC Sitcom a.k.a.Pablo and his son Paul Jr is a professional Skateboarder
Gil Girard Played Buck Rodgers in the 25th century
Christopher Knight played Peter Brady on the Brady bunch he also hosted a game show
Justin Guarini Runner up in American Idol season 1 to Kelly Clarkson (Remember Kelly and Justin?)
Linda Blair Played in the Exorcist (Regan) and Exorcist II
Ashley Judd starred in Star Trek the next generation
Larry Hagman from I dream of Genie and the TV Show Dallas
Dawn Wells Played Marianne on the TV Show Gilligan’s Island
I had a crush on Linda Blair and when I saw this list, I had to find out where she was. That definitely doesn't look like Linda Blair.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
I like the Eleniak and Hagman cards. Sometimes less is more.

The worst IMO is the Dawn Wells...looks like a dude with a wig on. An ugly dude at that.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
One thing to keep in mind is that doing sketch cards is hardly a profitable task for most of these artists. It's more about quantity, than quality. Not sure was Razor was paying for these, but I'm going to guess that it's not anything more than a half hour's pay if that.

If you go to the artist's website you'll see some pretty good work.

So...it's the time allotted per sketch, not the talent level.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I don't know the product well, so this the way I see it:

1) if they truly are sketch cards, then totally agree with your posting.

2) If they were sketches commissioned to be reproduced as the image on base cards (similar to National Chicle for baseball), then the pop culture sketches definitely stink.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
rsmath said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I don't know the product well, so this the way I see it:

1) if they truly are sketch cards, then totally agree with your posting.

2) If they were sketches commissioned to be reproduced as the image on base cards (similar to National Chicle for baseball), then the pop culture sketches definitely stink.
Considering that the sketches all have the artist's website on them...these are most certainly one-off sketches and not for the creation of some non-sport set.

And while some of these leave a lot to be desired, at least they aren't for a set. Topps has used far weaker sketches to be reproduced and included in their "retro" sets over the years and far more embarrassing displays of artistry.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
have you seen the dollar amounts linked to these cards? - they were only available at a CON ... and now sell for like $75+ each.

Members online