Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone a bit bored with cards right now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I am.

Maybe it's the combination of not a lot of things to collect... my player collections are fairly advanced so my want lists are short... I'm not really into busting packs.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
I'm not, but maybe you can start a new player collection to spice things up a bit.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Not much gets listed anymore that I need for my 3 players, and I have no interest in the TTT,
Tribute & Sterling crap being pumped out the last two years.

So I feel ya.

I just got a $50 eBay card for Christmas, and in 3 days I haven't found anything to spend it on for my collection.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I have been for a few years now. I have a few products ill buy so its fun looking forward to those. Recently it was draft.... next on the radar is 2011 Topps and maybe Heritage...after that its likely 2011 Bowman w/Chrome.

I used to buy just about every new product... just cuz it was new and I was hoping to hit the HOT rookie.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
I'm pretty bored w/cards, mainly b/c it's a business for me + due to other businesses I run, I didn't get to rip as much this year. I kind of miss having a pc, so may restart 1 in '11 b/c 'rip, sort, list, pack, ship', while profitable/fun, has kind of lost some of the thrill + maybe buying cards just b/c I *like* them will make things fun again.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Count me in. I have been since I finished the 1997 Platinum gold set in August. I started a new PC but they are hard to find. I am happy to scale back right now though. Maybe when Panini get a license I will be ready to buy again, no 2010 or 2011 Topps for me.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
I am.

although I did start a new project of tryin to get an certifed auto of every player on the nationals(If they dont have a certifed auto I will get just a regular signed card)
I eventualy will expand this project to Expos,Seantors, Rangers, and Twins

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I am only because I refuse to bust any wax and no big Beckett cards have appeared since the few weeks after TTT as released. Im sure that it will pick up again when baseball season rolls around, though.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I've been pretty bored for the last 5-6 months. Seems like nothing I need gets listed. I've started moving towards game used items but they are much harder to track down, and more expensive.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Don't these threads always come up at this point during the off-season?

Its nice to have a break in the action from time to time, if anything its healthy.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I am bored with current cards right now. There aren't any new cards of players that I collect, so it's my fault to a degree. I'm not bored with the hobby. I keep getting new autographs.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
uniquebaseballcards said:
Don't these threads always come up at this point during the off-season?

Its nice to have a break in the action from time to time, if anything its healthy.
this thread would've gotten the same answer from George and I at any point this year.

brumbach

I pretty much buy lots to break up a singles for resale. If I weren't doing that than I would be beyond bored, I'd probably be out of the hobby altogether due to lack of funds. My hobby budget is independent of the family's finances so I need to sell to buy, so I can sell, etc. I like it, it keeps me current and up to date with a lot of sets put out in the last 10 years that I otherwise wouldn't know about. Back in 2005 I had reached the point with my Albert Belle and John Kruk collections that plasticman and many others are at, advanced with a short wantlist and not much for sale that I needed.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
brumbach said:
I pretty much buy lots to break up a singles for resale. If I weren't doing that than I would be beyond bored, I'd probably be out of the hobby altogether due to lack of funds. My hobby budget is independent of the family's finances so I need to sell to buy, so I can sell, etc. I like it, it keeps me current and up to date with a lot of sets put out in the last 10 years that I otherwise wouldn't know about. Back in 2005 I had reached the point with my Albert Belle and John Kruk collections that plasticman and many others are at, advanced with a short wantlist and not much for sale that I needed.
where do these lots come from?

you're not the only one I know who does this.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
I have not purchased anything in over 2 months. I think we are in the same boat. There isn't anything out there I want to buy at their current prices and nothing is being is listed that I need. I will still be buying anything I don't have from 1998-2003 but I think I may be finished with 95% of 2004-Present.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
EricChavezCollector3 said:
I have not purchased anything in over 2 months. I think we are in the same boat. There isn't anything out there I want to buy at their current prices and nothing is being is listed that I need. I will still be buying anything I don't have from 1998-2003 but I think I may be finished with 95% of 2004-Present.

do you collect anything besides chavy?

Members online

No members online now.