Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this how some people prospect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Lets say I bust a case of draft.
I hold everything.
Wait until the season starts and then sell off my inventory one by one as each player represented has a few good/great games.
Singles would be avoided.

I realize this is an over simplification but it is what it is.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Guys only hold if you don't need to recoup funds from case purchase immediatley. Almost all prospectors buy from the guys ripping the cases.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Unless you know someone who is a guaranteed blue chip, sell as soon as you bust to the rest of the chumps :lol:

bmc398

May 25, 2009
As far as draft, this is exactly what I am doing. Im not selling an on card auto of a first rounder for $5. I sold my 2 orange autos and other hits from my case and got out of the initial buy in. Im holding about 12 base autos, 3 ref autos and a ton of base chromes and refs until I can get my price or until they blow up.

The risky thing about holding until they get good is that when these guys start picking up steam as a prospect, they ususally get a 2nd or 3rd year auto now so be careful of that.

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
grade out the best cards. then, sell off the easy money immediately to recoup as much initial investment as possible. pick from the remaining inventory as players (theoretically) get hot.

Members online