Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is what ruins the Hobby, Stuff like this...... Come In.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
I was just browsing completed listings on ebay.com and ran across this piece of work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

This is pathetic.... one of the worst fakes I have seen, It really makes me angry that some lowlife is making tons of cash off this crap, I mean who are the people bidding on these things can they not understand they are fake??? And what shocked me was his feedback is almost 100%. I mean how are people still getting away with this.... I mean I am no fake patch expert but I am smart enough to spot that one from 2 miles away lol.

I even messaged the scumbag and asked why are you selling this fake patch, you are what is ruining the hobby and he responded "How do you know it's fake? Do you work for Donruss?".

Just let me know your feelings on this,

Thanks.

Shep :ugeek:

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
They are scum bags, But in turn there only helping others out by making the real ones worth more. Besides that why would you even destroy a card, Its like rapeing the card by riping its insides out.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
They really need some Dateline type story on this. Thousands of dollars are being wasted every year. Still I don't see how people still bid on this stuff. A little bit of education and detective work...I mean that one is easy.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
boxbreaker44 said:
Who cares...I mean If the people are stupid enough to buy it then its their own fault.

Well I guess..... Heck maybe I should start I would be rich in no time.... Wow haha No I would never do stuff like that.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
MOFNY said:
They really need some Dateline type story on this. Thousands of dollars are being wasted every year. Still I don't see how people still bid on this stuff. A little bit of education and detective work...I mean that one is easy.
'

I know what you mean.... I see countless fake patches go every week.

plunk

Dec 19, 2008
sorry to jump in, but i click on links to aucttions all the time trying to see what members are talking about and i cant if the auction is closed. am imissing something ? i have an e bay account .

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
agreed. these posts keep coming up over and over again but in reality, it's just someone with money to piss away. most likely if they paid over $200 on a clearly fake patch, they have too much to spend.

boxbreaker44 said:
Who cares...I mean If the people are stupid enough to buy it then its their own fault.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
markakis8 said:
agreed. these posts keep coming up over and over again but in reality, it's just someone with money to piss away. most likely if they paid over $200 on a clearly fake patch, they have too much to spend.

boxbreaker44 said:

Haha I know you would not lol :D jk.... but I don't know why a person even with money would pay for a fake patch like that haha, I figure I would just post to let his ID be known.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
Not really trying to defend the seller, especially after his response. But he doesn't have any other patches that are fake, current or closed auctions. I would assume that he actually bought a large collection and that was in it. He appears to be a football guy so he might not realize it is/was fake.

I know that if I bought a large baseball collection and a few football cards were in it, I probably wouldn't be able to tell you what was a real or fake.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
i43770 said:
Not really trying to defend the seller, especially after his response. But he doesn't have any other patches that are fake, current or closed auctions. I would assume that he actually bought a large collection and that was in it. He appears to be a football guy so he might not realize it is/was fake.

I know that if I bought a large baseball collection and a few football cards were in it, I probably wouldn't be able to tell you what was a real or fake.

That could be very possible too..... I wonder if he actually thought that it was real! haha :lol: but yeah he made $200+ dollars on a fake patch either way he is happy.

EmeraldRain

Aug 21, 2008
Seattle, WA.
Dpanthers14 said:
They are scum bags, But in turn there only helping others out by making the real ones worth more. Besides that why would you even destroy a card, Its like rapeing the card by riping its insides out.

Because it's fun..

GUJunk.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
who bids on that stuff...really, who?

People who don't spend all day posting on baseball card messageboards

You know, 95% of the collecting population

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
Here is what I think about it:

It disgusts me to see cards like this being sold/bought. I think the majority of the people buying these things are people who are buying the cards for other people. I haven't gone around looking into feedback and things like that to see if the buyer typically buys sports cards or not, but I can see people's grandma's buying these cards because "Oh, Johnny likes Albert Pujols. Maybe I will buy him something really nice for his birthday!" In the end, they get screwed into buying something like this garbage.

Just my:
twocents.png

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Yeah that one is bad. For anyone that doesn't understand why that's such an obvious fake, authentic Cards jersey logos aren't made of normal tackle twill. It's different from most authentic MLB jerseys. My authentic Pujols jersey should illustrate it pretty well...

Photo143.jpg

So not only a fake patch, it's a....fake patch! LOL

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Pete14Rose said:
JoshHamilton said:
Adamsince1981 said:
who bids on that stuff...really, who?

People who don't spend all day posting on baseball card messageboards

You know, 95% of the collecting population

And where do you fall, the 95% or the 5%?

Oh, I dunno. Probably that 5%, considering we're having this conversation on a baseball card message board

Your unintelligence never ceases to amaze me

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
I actually think baseball card mags like Beckett should write a few more stories on fake patches, the 2001 Bowman Chrome Albert Pujols fake numbering, and other issues. I think we know most collectors don't hang around baseball card message boards and so while all of this stuff is old news to us, it is not to them. It's not even about going too much into specifics but just to raise the issues that, yes, jersey patches can be removed and cleanly reinserted back into cards, yes, you can wipe off hand-numbering without any damage to the card so that collectors could have something to keep in mind.

Members online