Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

mail day ~ "Tim Lincecum Professional Debut Lineup Card"

if you owned this item would you have tim sign his lineup card?

• yes, i would have him sign it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
thank you for viewing and or voting :)

this item is pretty interesting. they seem authentic and naturally aged - what you'd expect these to be like for almost 5 years old...not that i'm a document expert. these have this sort of soft weight feel to them. i'm pretty happy with these.

[ebay:1a5zjpsw]140490464417[/ebay:1a5zjpsw]

"This is the official lineup card from the professional debut of now San Francisco Giants ace, Tim Lincecum. Lincecum made his professional debut on July 26, 2006, with the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes (the Giants' Class A Short Season affiliate) against the Vancouver Canadians (the A's affiliate), pitching one inning and striking out all three batters he faced. This is the actual official game lineup card (actually both home and visitor cards) submitted by Volcanoes Manager Steve Decker (himself a future big-league manager?). This is a truly unique, and literally one-of-a-kind piece of San Francisco Giants history! (Emmanuel Burriss is also listed on this lineup)"

*sorry that i'm using cell phone photos to show this*
2010-12-28_12-06-35_499.jpg

2010-12-28_12-05-36_678.jpg

2010-12-28_12-05-18_108.jpg

2010-12-28_12-06-06_92.jpg

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I played high school ball with #2.

And I'm not exactly sure how I'd feel about him signing this, but I would have this sealed and/or authenticated either way.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Thats a great find. I would have Lincy sign it on the top or bottom, next to his name if there wasn't writing there.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I voted to sign it. That's a pretty cool item.

But did they really charge $25 to ship it???

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
DWright5 said:
did they really charge $25 to ship it???

yes they did. i saw that in the auction and asked about it. i said that was an unreasonable amount to charge for just 1st class shipping. i was surprised that it arrived - well packaged and as certified mail.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
If that were my lineup card I would try to get it signed. So I voted yes. It would look cool displayed in a nice frame.

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
I voted no. It's a one of a kind piece, there will not be another. If you want to get something signed, get an 8x10 signed and have it framed with this lineup card. Or maybe frame the card with a signed rookie card.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
It would be cool to bring Lincecum something from a day I'm sure he'll remember. I'm sure he'd enjoy talking about that day with you if you were to bring him this item.

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
thanks everyone for your comments and votes. i'm still unsure what i'll do seeing how it will be his current signature as opposed to his early style. i've got a little over 5 weeks to decide. i'll pick up the salem-keizer card just in case i decide to go that route. it would be nice to find a shot of him pitching.

eRock said:
Thank you for outbidding my roommate...that was supposed to be my Christmas present :p
:grouphug:

apologies, i had to follow through with a last minute christmas gift for myself.
;)

eRock

Dec 20, 2010
Reno, NV
nurvanna said:
thanks everyone for your comments and votes. i'm still unsure what i'll do seeing how it will be his current signature as opposed to his early style. i've got a little over 5 weeks to decide. i'll pick up the salem-keizer card just in case i decide to go that route. it would be nice to find a shot of him pitching.

eRock said:
Thank you for outbidding my roommate...that was supposed to be my Christmas present :p
:grouphug:

apologies, i had to follow through with a last minute christmas gift for myself.
;)

:p so awesome that it actually landed in the hands of someone here. Congrats :)

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Frame it with the card and an 8X10 and get either the card or 8X10 or both signed, but not the line-up cards. Take the line-up card as a conversation piece with Lincecum, but the line-up card is already signed by the Manager Decker and the two sigs to me would look weird without others on the team.

blackandblue

Feb 15, 2011
nurvanna said:
DWright5 said:

yes they did. i saw that in the auction and asked about it. i said that was an unreasonable amount to charge for just 1st class shipping. i was surprised that it arrived - well packaged and as certified mail.

... had never used ebay before and I had no idea what it might cost me to ship (had visions of some guy in Indonesia buying it for a dollar and having to ship it)... so... sorry about that... however, $50 overall seems pretty fair I think?

It is absolutely real... It had been sitting in a pocket a "gear bag" since walking off the field... my 2 year old son unzipped the zipper and pulled out about 200 old lineup cards. I was casually looking through them before throwing them away and saw this one. (also have smardzja w/ boise @ tri-cities... not sure if that was his first game or not... tyler colvin was on that team too...you'd have to be a real cubs fanatic to think somethin of that one I'm sure...) It is my writing on it (front during game, back after... Bob Richmond said he was going to have us mail them all in at the end of the season- didn't happen)... I listed our crew and signed the back...

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
blackandblue said:
nurvanna said:
DWright5 said:

... had never used ebay before and I had no idea what it might cost me to ship (had visions of some guy in Indonesia buying it for a dollar and having to ship it)... so... sorry about that... however, $50 overall seems pretty fair I think?

It is absolutely real... It had been sitting in a pocket a "gear bag" since walking off the field... my 2 year old son unzipped the zipper and pulled out about 200 old lineup cards. I was casually looking through them before throwing them away and saw this one. (also have smardzja w/ boise @ tri-cities... not sure if that was his first game or not... tyler colvin was on that team too...you'd have to be a real cubs fanatic to think somethin of that one I'm sure...) It is my writing on it (front during game, back after... Bob Richmond said he was going to have us mail them all in at the end of the season- didn't happen)... I listed our crew and signed the back...

I would have taken them off your hands instead of just tossing them :lol:

blackandblue

Feb 15, 2011
TBTwinsFan said:
blackandblue said:
nurvanna said:
DWright5 said:

I would have taken them off your hands instead of just tossing them :lol:

May still be around... kinda aborted the trash haul when I put the two on ebay... I'll look around and see what I've got... they don't mean anything to me really...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts