Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Holy curl, batman!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
So I get back to my office today and find a Tristar fulfillment package waiting for me.

It's a Jason Kipnis blue refractor auto... but man, I know the cards are curly, but this one made the entire toploader curl... and this is straight from the factory.

What the hell did Topps do wrong this year?

curl1.jpg

curl2.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Is that due to card or holder? I had to pitch a group of top-loaders that were curled that way......either way no excuse.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Its the card... I got a Brian Matusz from Topps the other day and it was the same way.

Ive been using jersey toploaders for chrome cards from this year.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
George_Calfas said:
Is that due to card or holder? I had to pitch a group of top-loaders that were curled that way......either way no excuse.

Theoretically, it could have been the holder, but given the curl factor, I thought it was amazing that the card made the holder curl. Usually holders uncurl cards.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
curling was a huge issue for topps this year. My box of rookies are a mess beacuse alot of them now curled and is pushing the others cards around.

Members online