Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay store fees

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Does anyone have an EBay store? How do you make any profit with all of the fees?

I was considering opening up one for supplies as I can get real wholesale rates on the supplies. However, after reviewing the fees ( insertion and final value percentage, plus PayPal) it's almost not worth it as these times have a tight profit margin.

Anyone doing this successfully?

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
zach said:
Does anyone have an EBay store? How do you make any profit with all of the fees?

I was considering opening up one for supplies as I can get real wholesale rates on the supplies. However, after reviewing the fees ( insertion and final value percentage, plus PayPal) it's almost not worth it as these times have a tight profit margin.

Anyone doing this successfully?

It seems to me that unless you regularly sell items valued at over $100 at high volume, a store is a raw deal. You get 100 free 99 cent auctions (and sometimes any start price auctions) EVERY month if you DON'T have a store, while store users get shafted and pay the insertion fees. Also, if you're not using the fixed-price feature to list most of your items, there's zero point in having a store.

Crazylox23

Aug 8, 2008
I have a ebay store, and have alittle over 2000 items on there most of the time and I try and add about 100+ cards to that every week. The fees do suck. I have paid over $1000 in fees this month, but I have had a great month in sales. ALot of cards sell in your store for good money that wouldnt sell for .99 opening bid on auction.

yanxyanx

Sep 13, 2008
Riverdale, NY
I would say it depends on the volume and dollar value of items you sell. For example, if you have a store, your final value fees are 8.75% as opposed to 9%. While this may not make a big difference for some, if you do enough volume, the 0.25% savings pays for the store each month.

I just upgraded to the $49.99 per month store. I love the 0.05 fixed price listings (no matter what you start the items at). I have been listing my entire inventory in the store and selling much much more than I was expecting.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
The money is saved if you have a lot of active BIN listings. I think it's 50 cents to list without a store and only 20 cents with the basic store. Then it goes down to 5 cents for a premium store and only 3 cents for an anchor store.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Anyone have experience with Amazon Marketplace?

No listing fees, but a larger percentage with sale. BUT, with a higher priced inventory, do you think you reach more reliable buyers than EBay to make it worth while?

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I don't see how it is a waste. I pay 20 cents a listing instead of 50 cents and don't notice any difference in fees

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
J-Rod said:
I don't see how it is a waste. I pay 20 cents a listing instead of 50 cents and don't notice any difference in fees

But you also pay a monthly fee too. $16.00 per month?

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
zach said:
J-Rod said:

Yes the basic store has a $15.99 fee per month, but if you list more than 54 fixed price listings, you would save $16.20 by having the store compared to not having a store (20 cents compared to 50 cents), which would pay for the store fee.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
i43770 said:
zach said:
J-Rod said:

Yes the basic store has a $15.99 fee per month, but if you list more than 54 fixed price listings, you would save $16.20 by having the store compared to not having a store (20 cents compared to 50 cents), which would pay for the store fee.

\
this

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
i43770 said:
zach said:
J-Rod said:

Got it. Thanks. I went and found EBay's store calculator and figured out what he breaking point would be. Yes, listing about 55 items and selling 20 items per month @ and average of $20 each would pay for the store.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
we need an FCB marketplace, where us members can create our own FCB "stores".

I wonder how that would roll with Ebay since they are a sponsor on this site...I would like to see our own auctions also, but again...Ebay is paying some bills, so I cant see that happening.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts