Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone Else Noticing How Fast Draft is Drying Up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Not sure if this has been posted in the previous days, but I'm pretty shocked to see how few singles have been listed. The demand is there but apparently the supply is not, and this is driving prices of singles up across the board as far as I can tell. Anyone else have any thoughs on this?

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Doesn't this usually happen during the winter? After the new year going into February, prices should dip to their lowest points as interest wanes before spring hype begins again in late Feb, early March. That would be the best time to buy, assuming you can find the singles that you want.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
cmnkb8 said:
Doesn't this usually happen during the winter? After the new year going into February, prices should dip to their lowest points as interest wanes before spring hype begins again in late Feb, early March. That would be the best time to buy, assuming you can find the singles that you want.

I've never seen it happen 2 1/2 weeks after release. It might be the norm though. It just seems like I was buying 08 and 09 Draft singles in January and February with no problem, let alone December.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Economy. I believe, not nearly as many people busting as usual, and a higher supply. Plus, a few that are ripping are holding thier stuff waiting for it go up even a bit more.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Exposfan said:
Economy. I believe, not nearly as many people busting as usual, and a higher supply. Plus, a few that are ripping are holding thier stuff waiting for it go up even a bit more.

I ripped 20 cases, sold very few on ebay so far though...more coming soon there as I am enjoying watching the singles prices rise :)

crowTrobot

Nov 4, 2010
the large majority of multi-case breakers got their cases by the release date this year if not well before, so a ton of ebay singles action was atypically compressed into the first 1-3 days. this caused priced to drop lower than they should have, and stopped a lot of people that otherwise would have from breaking more i think.

nice to see prices are bouncing back on some things.

koch1974

Aug 29, 2009
Was very surprised to see the early low prices considering that every auto is a first round pick (including supp) for the first time ever. Would not be surprised to see these cases climb too. This product was not overproduced like Bow Chrome was.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
None of my 20 cases of singles have reached ebay yet. Likely to start getting stuff up tomorrow night. I do have my second round of bowman and chrome lots ending tonight. The auctions end late, so I'm a bit nervous about that.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Exposfan said:
noaskiecards said:
Zach Cox blue autos are exploding...If anyone picked up a bunch of them when they were low, that my friends is a genius!!! ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

I have some ending prices at, 60,60, 62, 63, 71,76,- I wouldn't call that exploding. I could be wrong, though.

The real explosion is with Michael Choice......No idea why, but his stuff has gone bonkers across the board:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Bowman-Draft-C ... 4cf3fd3e3e

I bought about 6 chrome autos and 5 ref autos in the $15 and $23 range respectively...Unfortunately, I don't think I can pick up any more...

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Dang, a few days ago Taillon chrome autos were $19-22ish, now they're anywhere from $27 to $30. What the heck is going on here?

Also, a slight bump in Shelby Miller Chrome autos can be seen.. formerly $10-14, now $15-20 each.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
aminors said:
Dang, a few days ago Taillon chrome autos were $19-22ish, now they're anywhere from $27 to $30. What the heck is going on here?

Also, a slight bump in Shelby Miller Chrome autos can be seen.. formerly $10-14, now $15-20 each.
Yup I was pretty close to going into Miller around a week ago. Btw, your Sanchez "flip" was pretty nice!

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
MarlinsManiac20 said:
aminors said:

Yup I was pretty close to going into Miller around a week ago. Btw, your Sanchez "flip" was pretty nice!

I only was able to pick up one Chrome auto, but am currently in talks for another. Hopefully that works out.

And thanks!

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I knew these singles would start moving up a bit. I have not listed any of my autos as of yet. The market has to go up these guys are good. nice to see.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts