Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Great gesture by Sethyarkony...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Last week I got a pm from Seth saying that he wanted to send me something, followed by one that said he hopes I like Hall of Famers. (For those of who that know me, you know that it is my favorite thing to collect, whether vintage, autos, refractors, inserts, reprints whatever)

Fast forward to Monday of this week and this beauty arrives in my mailbox. :D :D :D :D

edwalshSPORTINGLIFE.jpg

What a class act to send someone something like this for their collection and make their holiday season just that much better. This is just another reason why FCB is the best community on the internet. :grouphug:

Way to go Seth. This is a card that will stay in my collection and at some point be passed down to my son.

Thank you so much!

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
MaineMule said:
Sweet!! Great gesture!! Had to look up Ed Walsh since I saw Seth picked up his auto recently.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... ed01.shtml

40 game winner in 1908 but not a 200 game winner in career.....did not know that.....check out his 1908 stats.......WOW!!!

Check out the 1910 season when he went 18-20, with a 1.27 ERA in 45 games (33 complete games out of 36 started) - With only 7 shutouts and his 52 earned Runs spread over 45 games, he must have pitched every game giving up either 0, 1 or rarely 2 runs. He must have been totally dominant for a run of 7 years.

[edit] Oh, yes, great gesture Seth!

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Interestingly enough I was looking at Ed Walsh cards on eBay the other day as someone I might possibly want to collect in the future. Nice card. :)

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
Moonlight Graham said:
MaineMule said:
Sweet!! Great gesture!! Had to look up Ed Walsh since I saw Seth picked up his auto recently.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... ed01.shtml

40 game winner in 1908 but not a 200 game winner in career.....did not know that.....check out his 1908 stats.......WOW!!!

Check out the 1910 season when he went 18-20, with a 1.27 ERA in 45 games (33 complete games out of 36 started) - With only 7 shutouts and his 52 earned Runs spread over 45 games, he must have pitched every game giving up either 0, 1 or rarely 2 runs. He must have been totally dominant for a run of 7 years.

[edit] Oh, yes, great gesture Seth!

Dude has the best ERA in the history of the game!

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Yeah for those who don't know Seth is the man! A few months back he sent me a package filled with Wisconsin Badger autographs for my Badger collection. I don't know the exact number but there were at least 25 in there.

Members online