Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I have a question about a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle auto.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.1989

Dec 19, 2010
I'm not going to say who has is, they asked me to find out how much it could potentially be worth. It is real though, and they have a few photos of their dad getting it autographed a long while back as proof. I'd say if PSA graded it, it'd get a 7 or better.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Just my opinion.

If it was his rookie the 1951 Bowman, the signature would add value..... there is a strong "Signed Rookie" card phase going on right now.

But on a high grade 1952 Topps card, the signature would decrease overall value IMO.

Mickey Mantles autograph on its own is Very Common, and on certain high $$ cards will actually bring the value down.
ie set registry collectors have no use for it. And many collectors still think a signed card is a damaged card.

In general autographs of recently deceased players would help value only slightly if the (nonRookie) card was low grade and/or low value. And it will always add value to a Rookie card.
Recently deceased = players that have died in the Card Price Guide/TTM Era.... post1980

Members online

Latest posts