Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who here is putting together a rare set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
I've been working on the 2001 Upper Deck Hall of Famers Bat Set for quite a while. It's a gorgeous set that features only Hall of Famers. Like any good set, there are some tough SPs that you rarely see. On top of that, many of these cards are in Blah condition. So, finding a good one is tough. I'm also working on the 2007 Sweet Spot Classic Jersey set. This is one of the best looking game used sets I've seen.

CHRISTY.jpg

Anyone else working on something rare?

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
Very nice! #d to 10 is insanely rare. I'm working on an autographed set - 2009 Legendary Cuts Classic Signature that is numbered to 25 with some being to 10. I've never seen a Nolan Ryan and only seen Cal once.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
gomatt said:
Very nice! #d to 10 is insanely rare. I'm working on an autographed set - 2009 Legendary Cuts Classic Signature that is numbered to 25 with some being to 10. I've never seen a Nolan Ryan and only seen Cal once.

Pinbreaker is working on a auto set with some #/10......sucks since some will never be pulled from packs.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
George_Calfas said:
gomatt said:

Pinbreaker is working on a auto set with some #/10......sucks since some will never be pulled from packs.

The same set as this?

SAND.jpg

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
gomatt said:

Funny those two are ones you've never seen, because the set im working on, 2005 Ultimate Signature Immortal Inscriptions, i am missing those two players. Only difference is I've seen a Ryan (was too rich for me at the time). Both Ryan and Cal are the only i need, both /10. I have others /10 from the set, which are rarely seen, including the maddux which is the only copy ive ever seen for sale.

Some of the rare ones:
immmaddux.jpg

immjohnson.jpg

immclemens.jpg

Oh, by the way, i've never seen the ripken /10 but i do have the platinum 1/1 version! go figure...
immripkenplatinum2.jpg

Edit: if anyone has either of those two, ive got the money set aside for them!!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
gomatt said:
George_Calfas said:
gomatt said:

The same set as this?

SAND.jpg

No, 2004 Leather Lumber.

!BzUlUD!Bmk~$(KGrHqMOKn!Ew9)B+CdZBMVg-IWdhw~~_3.jpg

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
I'm working on the 2006 Upper Deck Ovation Spotlight Signatures set which includes some crazy SP's that I have never even seen before.

JoshBeckett.jpg

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
2000 Fleer Showcase Sweet Sigs.
Some of the cards are pretty short printed and have you tried to find a card from 11 years ago with a print run of 53 copies? It ain't easy.
They look like this and I just need the A-rod to finish the set.
nomarshowcase.jpg

A_Pharis

Gomatt: Just out of curiosity, do you have a duplicate Mathewson? Trying to figure out why you have it on eBay if you're after the set.

P.S. I try for every Dizzy Dean I see from that set. Would never get most of the HoFers so I don't try for the set.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
A_Pharis said:
Gomatt: Just out of curiosity, do you have a duplicate Mathewson? Trying to figure out why you have it on eBay if you're after the set.

P.S. I try for every Dizzy Dean I see from that set. Would never get most of the HoFers so I don't try for the set.

Yeah, Dean is one of the few I don't have at this point. I don't have a duplicate Mathewson, but I've seen them sell at this price and far less than this price. So, I figured if it sells great, if not, I'll put it once I complete the set. The Babe Ruths from this set are very expensive. I just got outbid a few days ago on one.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
gomatt said:
tonsofcommons said:
2001 Pacific base set without soft corners.

Never heard of this set. How rare is it?

Very rare, as it is believe that as the cards were being processed for packaging, the final step was to run the bottom right corner along a piece of fine grain sandpaper.

That's an urban legend, but I have to believe it.

:^)

In all seriousness, Nothing all that rare for me. I do have some Pacific parallels that are /25 that I have a few of, but not a bunch.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
2006 So-Signers Dual auto set, I have only seen some of the SP's once And a lot of cards i have never seen, such as Larsen Berra, Musial Pujols... one day i guess lol.

Members online

Latest posts