Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How did this card get there? Wow topps... SCAN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jake9494

Jun 8, 2009
So I opened a third case of draft and in a pack pulled a 2010 donruss hockey card... What The @&$!... Made My night I laughed through the rest of the case

Anyone ever had this happen to them?

Jake

img468.jpg

jake9494

Jun 8, 2009
Re: How did this card get there? Wow topps

chashawk said:
scan?

it actually said Donruss, or Panini?

Currently not home I'll have a scan tonight... But I do believe it was panini

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City

If anything I would be worried that the boxes are resealed. I could understand if another Topps product/card was in there, but another company raises a red flag.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008

it's my guess but probably topps and panini use the same printer/packager for their products and the card was a left over from previous run. all of the card companies use a third party for all of their products. they don't make them all themselves.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

resealed box 99% fell off your shelf into the pack 1%

bballstar029

Aug 10, 2008

I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility, though highly unlikely. If I remember right, a few know-it-alls said it was impossible to pull retail auto's out of hobby cases when the product debuted; we see how that unfolded.

Jeff

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

bballstar029 said:
I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility, though highly unlikely. If I remember right, a few know-it-alls said it was impossible to pull retail auto's out of hobby cases when the product debuted; we see how that unfolded.

Jeff

Not even close of a comparison. They are no way connected.

bballstar029

Aug 10, 2008

I never said they were in any way connected. The only connection I made was people being wrong in the past who were so sure about something. They were wrong. I'd like to know the cards from the rest of the break before saying 100 percent it's resealed. I would assume if this guy's case were a complete bust he would have shown up saying that as well. If someone were to reseal, why would they even include anything worthwhile.

Jeff

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

Topps has a pretty large corporate espionage ring going, and somebody probably goofed and let one of their samples of Panini's work slip into the pack. When a large man in a black trencoat and suit shows up at your door, just slide the Panini card out and hope that he accepts it and leaves without harming you. I would immediately delete this post and never speak of it again, for fear of them silencing you permanently.

Or you might have a resealed box, which I hope is not the case.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008

This has been happening for 20 years....

Our printer also does much of Topps' work.

One printer down here does work for 6 different companies.

Trust me, it CAN and DOES happen legit at the factory.

BG

jake9494

Jun 8, 2009

bballstar029 said:
I never said they were in any way connected. The only connection I made was people being wrong in the past who were so sure about something. They were wrong. I'd like to know the cards from the rest of the break before saying 100 percent it's resealed. I would assume if this guy's case were a complete bust he would have shown up saying that as well. If someone were to reseal, why would they even include anything worthwhile.

Jeff

I did get two boxes with no autos ::facepalm:: ... And I believe the hockey card came out of one of the "no hit" boxes... And I'll post results of the case tonight.... It was mainly a dud case besides a grandal gold auto...

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008

Yup, I've been there! lol Pulled this from a box of bowman draft baseball:
bjonesplate.jpg

bballstar029

Aug 10, 2008

nyc3 said:
bballstar029 said:

Jeff

Not even close of a comparison. They are no way connected.

Well there we go, unless you work for a major company, we've just been told by someone with more knowledge than either you or I that it's possible. Also, a Grandal Gold Refractor Auto? Why on earth would someone put this back in a reseal? So again, as I stated in my first post... people jumped all over the defense to Topps when Retail Auto's started showing up, saying not possible. They were wrong. In this case, people again say not possible- wrong again. I have learned, expect the unexpected and sometimes even what people may "think" is impossible out of this company.

Jeff

jake9494

Jun 8, 2009

Ty Hope said:
Yup, I've been there! lol Pulled this from a box of bowman draft baseball:
bjonesplate.jpg

Nice at least you pulled something worth money!!!

Latest posts