Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1st 2011 pick-up......signed Teddy "Ballgame" Perez Steele

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Happy 2011 to me ;)

My 5th Teddy auto.......[center:2bufgezb]
89WilliamsPS.png
[/center:2bufgezb]
Goes nicely with these.....

[center:2bufgezb]TEDHOFPostcard.jpg
WilliamsTPSAAuto.jpg
94UpperDeckWilliamsAuto.jpg
84SpringTrainingAuto.jpg[/center:2bufgezb]

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
That Perez Steele is such a perfect looking piece, two great looking pictures of him and a great looking signature to boot!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
sheetskout said:
Beautiful. Congrats.

I agree and thanks!! ;)

coltsnsox07 said:
That Perez Steele is such a perfect looking piece, two great looking pictures of him and a great looking signature to boot!

The PS's look great IMO. I'll likely have to fork out for his other signed and slabbed PS's

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Of all the Perez-Steele's.. I like that set the best...

and you can't go wrong with a Teddy Ballgame auto!!

Here's mine that I got last year with my EBAY bucks..

williams.jpg

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Very nice pickup Scott...and definitely not a bad way to start off 2011. Beyond the beauty of a card...the fact that that is your 5th Teddy auto is VERY impressive as well :mrgreen:

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I agree with the sweet look of this card. My Mantle is nice but I think Ted's auto is a lot cleaner overall, like someone already said, you can definitely tell who the auto is.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Doerrcollector said:
Love it! Great Pickup!

Thanks DC!!

69MetsFan said:
Excellent pick up, Scott!
His signature is one of the best IMHO.
Absolutey no question as to who it is. :D

...appreciate it Dave, his sig is one of the best but his son signed a lot for him and there are other secreterial sigs out there as well. I have had a couple not pass PSA and I'll be darned if I can tell the difference.

Pinbreaker said:
Of all the Perez-Steele's.. I like that set the best...

and you can't go wrong with a Teddy Ballgame auto!!

Here's mine that I got last year with my EBAY bucks..

williams.jpg

Very nice as well Kevin. I love all the PS sets but you are right that the 89 Celebration set is the best.

Halonut said:
nice pick up! here is mine, i paid $200 for it a few years back...
teddy.jpg

Ditto- looks familiar ;) , though I think I like the newer blue flips just a little bit better.

JackLondon said:
Very nice, Scott!
Thanks Andrew, I agree ;)

metallicalex777 said:
Very nice pickup Scott...and definitely not a bad way to start off 2011. Beyond the beauty of a card...the fact that that is your 5th Teddy auto is VERY impressive as well :mrgreen:

Alex, hope you are well. Thanks for the kind words :)

alexs64 said:
I agree with the sweet look of this card. My Mantle is nice but I think Ted's auto is a lot cleaner overall, like someone already said, you can definitely tell who the auto is.

Oh, the slabbed Micks look great from this set as well.........even for a Yankee :lol: :lol:

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Starting off the year with a BANG! :D Awesome pickup, I still need a Teddy auto for my collection (as well as a 39' Play Ball, but let's be realistic ;) ).

Hopefully you can cross off a Teddy or three from your needlist this year. If I recall he has a few tough issues out there...

PS - Go Sox!! I can't WAIT for this season :mrgreen:

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
scotty21690 said:
Starting off the year with a BANG! :D Awesome pickup, I still need a Teddy auto for my collection (as well as a 39' Play Ball, but let's be realistic ;) ).

Hopefully you can cross off a Teddy or three from your needlist this year. If I recall he has a few tough issues out there...

PS - Go Sox!! I can't WAIT for this season :mrgreen:

Thanks Scotty..........there are plenty of Ted autos out there so hopefully you can add one to your collection soon.

I am mostly down to the tough (read big bucks) issues to add to my collection. I have what I consider one of the most comprehensive Ted collections (pre-1980) out there but am always adding when I can.

Sox should have a great year. I am most excited as well.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I was going through a three drawer holder by my desk and I see that I have a Ted Williams 3x5 auto I picked up awhile ago.. I need to send it in to get authenticated as well..

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Pinbreaker said:
I was going through a three drawer holder by my desk and I see that I have a Ted Williams 3x5 auto I picked up awhile ago.. I need to send it in to get authenticated as well..

Good luck with that submission Kevin. As I mentioned, PSA "questioned" a couple of 3x5's I've submitted, including one that was already *** certified that was purchased as part of a collection from a "club house insider." Hope yours passes muster!

Members online