Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anybody kow this guy??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Does anyone know who springfieldisotopes4 is??

I bought some cards from him over 3 weeks ago and I still haven't received them. I tried to PM him, but no response.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Over three weeks ago it was in the midst of the holiday mail crunch. Way higher than normal volume of mail means slower than normal service. I'd at least give him until the end of the upcoming week if it was sent via regular mail.

I'm still waiting for an eBay item I paid for on Dec 7. That's why I base my DSR score for speed of shipping on the postmark rather than when I actually get the card. If the guy mailed in a timely manner, not much can be done about the speed of the postal service.

No biggie... yet.

- Rod

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
springfieldisotopes4
Last visited: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:42 pm
Total posts: 1824
[0.15% of all posts / 2.71 posts per day]
Search user’s posts
Most active forum: Baseball
[ 649 Posts / 35.58% of user’s posts ]
Most active topic: It's Word Association Game Time!!!
[ 197 Posts / 10.80% of user’s posts ]
It is all good he will be back on here in no time.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Ok...so it has been another week and still not a peep out of the guy. I have tried PMing him but they are still in my outbox.

It is really frustrating...not about the $30 that I sent to him via Paypal gift, but the fact that I really wanted the cards he was supposedly sending me.

Do I have any recourse???

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Gonzaleznut said:
Ok...so it has been another week and still not a peep out of the guy. I have tried PMing him but they are still in my outbox.

It is really frustrating...not about the $30 that I sent to him via Paypal gift, but the fact that I really wanted the cards he was supposedly sending me.

Do I have any recourse???

I bought something from him in early/mid-December and it took him a couple weeks to get it out. After PMing him a friendly reminder or two about sending it, I do have the card now. Doesn't really seem like a scammer to me, probably just really busy as of late. Not that that's an excuse for extremely slow shipping, but I don't think I'd be overly worried at least until he reads the PMs you've sent.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Well...I have now pretty much given up all hope of ever receiving my cards. I looked at the guy's profile and he hasn't even visited this site since December 24th!!

None of my PMs have even been viewed. Lesson learned, but I am not really sure what the lesson is? I want to be trusting of people because I believe that people are inherently good.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Gonzaleznut said:
Well...I have now pretty much given up all hope of ever receiving my cards. I looked at the guy's profile and he hasn't even visited this site since December 24th!!

None of my PMs have even been viewed. Lesson learned, but I am not really sure what the lesson is? I want to be trusting of people because I believe that people are inherently good.

You are jumping the gun here. Just be patient and he will be back soon.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
cgilmo said:
Gonzaleznut said:

Gonzaleznut posted on Jan 2nd that 3 weeks prior he purchased cards from the guy. So that would mean sometime around December 12th or so he purchased cards from him. Today is January 20th.

39 days is NOT jumping the gun. The guy has been patient and want's his money back or his cards.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
I'm not sure what's more ridiculous -- not receiving cards or communication in 39 days, or being told that worrying about that length of time is jumping the gun.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I just hope that he has stayed clean.

I will see if I can find some way to contact him. I have dealt with him in the past.

Give me a couple days.

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
ccouch (Chad) said:
I'm not sure what's more ridiculous -- not receiving cards or communication in 39 days, or being told that worrying about that length of time is jumping the gun.

tie goes to the runner

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
tonsofcommons said:
I just hope that he has stayed clean.

I will see if I can find some way to contact him. I have dealt with him in the past.

Give me a couple days.

I been trying every way that I know of. Have a feeling he didn't stay clean and went away again. Really hope that's not the case and also hope nothing bad happened. Mike struggled enough and hate to see it happen again.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
ccouch (Chad) said:

It is when the guy has went away like he has. Obviously there is something going on that has kept him away.

Hell, if he dosen't come back soon, I will personally cover the transaction.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
csmtampa said:
cgilmo said:
Gonzaleznut said:

Gonzaleznut posted on Jan 2nd that 3 weeks prior he purchased cards from the guy. So that would mean sometime around December 12th or so he purchased cards from him. Today is January 20th.

39 days is NOT jumping the gun. The guy has been patient and want's his money back or his cards.

Actually I paid him on 12/17. He confirmed that he received the money and said he was going to mail the cards the next morning.

I don't wish any ill will towards the guy. Apparently he has had some problems. I just really wanted the cards. They were great cards that I would have loved for the PC.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
I'm holding some cards for him, he doesn't owe me anything but I'd like to get ahold of him.

Also, we don't know that it wasn't some kind of family crisis/emergency that he's dealing with. He was a fairly well-respected member here so you need to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not ripping you off.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
2008 Triple Threads Ivan Rodriguez Black /30
2008 Triple Threads Bench/irod/fisk /36
2008 Triple Threads Bench/irod/fisk /18

Why?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts