Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Piratefest/ Pirate Caravan 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
How is this event, I might go down there. I want to see if I can get McCutchen's auto on a bat or ball..

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
The event is usually a lot of fun, imo. The auto lines can get a bit tedious, depending on what time it is and who is set to sign. Last year Maz was signing, and it turned into an absolute madhouse. But given the lack of marquee names and the fact that most of the more popular players (Cutch and Walker) have been at the event for a few years now, I think the traffic will be a lot lighter this year.

Depending on where you are, you may want to hit one of the Caravan stops that McCutchen is on if possible. The events draw a significantly smaller crowd, and it is less of a crap shoot than Piratefest, groups of players cycle through every couple hours.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
subject to change said:
The event is usually a lot of fun, imo. The auto lines can get a bit tedious, depending on what time it is and who is set to sign. Last year Maz was signing, and it turned into an absolute madhouse. But given the lack of marquee names and the fact that most of the more popular players (Cutch and Walker) have been at the event for a few years now, I think the traffic will be a lot lighter this year.

Depending on where you are, you may want to hit one of the Caravan stops that McCutchen is on if possible. The events draw a significantly smaller crowd, and it is less of a crap shoot than Piratefest, groups of players cycle through every couple hours.

How good of a signer is McCutchen, would he sign a bat?

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
At these events, the guys are at a table and you just go down the line. I have never seen a player refuse to sign anything, and lots of people bring bats, balls, and oversized memorabilia. You shouldn't have any trouble getting a bat signed.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Nice, do any of the big name prospects come to these as i'd be interested in Taillon and Allie.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
subject to change said:
There usually aren't any prospects. The lineup typically includes about 8-10 current players, and a few alumni.

I see, I am only going for McCutchen and Alvarez. Do you think it would be a very long wait for them and are you guaranteed their auto?

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
There is one large autograph area, where the players will cycle through in groups of 3-4 in hour and a half shifts. The line usually backs up to about to about 2 hours, so you do need to plan ahead a bit to hit a certain group. Cutch is confirmed as attending, but I haven't heard anything about Alvarez. Also, Sunday typically has far lighter traffic than Saturday. You get a lot of families and kids on Sat, which usually clogs up the auto line.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I will attend this year and hope to get Cutch again and hopefully Alvarez.

it will be very strange to attend a PirateFest without Zach Duke being there :(

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
pghbuccos said:
I will attend this year and hope to get Cutch again and hopefully Alvarez.

it will be very strange to attend a PirateFest without Zach Duke being there :(

Now you know how I felt last year :? I was pretty disappointed he canceled at the last minute, since I had planned on getting a few things signed for James, and had a great 8x10 of him in the '79 throwbacks to get signed for myself.

I'm really curious to see who is at Piratefest. The names they have announced are few and far between, and I get the feeling some of the "regulars" like Maholm and Pearce may not be attending this year. I also don't have a great feeling about Alvarez, but I get the feeling that without him attendance will be atrocious.

Latest posts