Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alex Bregman is heating up - New Blue Refractor High

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Let me see if I have this right.

Bregman is the next Starling who is the next Machado who is the next Mike Trout who is the next Logan Morrison who is the next Jesus Montero who is the next Mike Stanton who is the next Alex Gordon who is the next Ryan Braun who is the next Albert Pujols who is the current Albert Pujols.

Prospecting is looking eerily similar to the Old Testament.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
Yes and they all own the Animal House DVD which links them all to Kevin Bacon :D

Thanks for the epic post ^^^

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
In all seriousness, I thought you made a great post. That's just about what the prospecting chain has become.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
topprospectalert said:
New high on the Blue Refractor Auto /99 for the 2010 USA Baseball Player of the Year. Looks like people are finally understanding he's the Starling/McCullers/Swihart of the 16-u product

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Bowman-Draft-A ... 1e609bcaad

Yes it is a great investment until he thinks girls are cooler than practice or gets hurt in a freak xbox motion accident (cmon you know a MLBer is going to use this excuse next year for getting hurt).

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
I just don't understand the prospecting at these levels.. I mean 16? You guys go ahead... Do your thing, I ain't touching these...

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
mudflap02 said:
Let me see if I have this right.

Bregman is the next Starling who is the next Machado who is the next Mike Trout who is the next Logan Morrison who is the next Jesus Montero who is the next Mike Stanton who is the next Alex Gordon who is the next Ryan Braun who is the next Albert Pujols who is the current Albert Pujols.

Prospecting is looking eerily similar to the Old Testament.

Awesome post.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
he probably doesn't even know how to shave and wont be relevant in two years. when will ariel antiqua have some chrome autos?

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Does anyone know why Michael Choice is exploding? He is up nearly 100 % from inception! I mean I have a small stash and was hoping to pick up more and now he's almost worth selling at the current price point...As a buyer of Wil Myers and Gary Sanchez, Choice is nearly at their level and I'd much rather have $ into those 2 at $25 - $30 a chrome auto....

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I like the idea of the 16-U. I just think the initial investment price is just way high considering the risk. Everyone use to say investing in prospects is risky. Now were prospecting future prospects. Crazy.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
noaskiecards said:
Does anyone know why Michael Choice is exploding? He is up nearly 100 % from inception! I mean I have a small stash and was hoping to pick up more and now he's almost worth selling at the current price point...As a buyer of Wil Myers and Gary Sanchez, Choice is nearly at their level and I'd much rather have $ into those 2 at $25 - $30 a chrome auto....

Choice = Michael Burgess of 2010. Exploded onto the scene in first taste of pro ball. We'll see where it goes from there.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
aaron41984 said:
noaskiecards said:

Choice = Michael Burgess of 2010. Exploded onto the scene in first taste of pro ball. We'll see where it goes from there.

I can sort of see that comparison. On the other hand, Choice has 3 years of college experience under his belt where Burgess was straight out of high school. I like both Choice and Burgess by the way.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
AKA Coastal said:
I like the idea of the 16-U. I just think the initial investment price is just way high considering the risk. Everyone use to say investing in prospects is risky. Now were prospecting future prospects. Crazy.

What is the difference between prospecting/investing the Collegiate, 18U, or 16U teams?

They all will be draft eligible at some point in the near future, yet all are not "prospects" yet. They would all fall under your tag of future prospects.

2011, 2012, or 2013 draft. It's all the same, just a year difference.

I won't ever understand the big issue some of you have with the 16U team. They are well beyond the maturity and skill level of any other 15-16 year old baseball player in the country.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
NECpilgrims8 said:
AKA Coastal said:

What is the difference between prospecting/investing the Collegiate, 18U, or 16U teams?

They all will be draft eligible at some point in the near future, yet all are not "prospects" yet. They would all fall under your tag of future prospects.

2011, 2012, or 2013 draft. It's all the same, just a year difference.

I won't ever understand the big issue some of you have with the 16U team. They are well beyond the maturity and skill level of any other 15-16 year old baseball player in the country.

Look, I understand the whole concept of "to each his own" but there's just something somewhat creepy about a 27 year old collecting picture cards of a player who can't even legally operate a motor vehicle without his parents inside.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
sigma_chi said:
Look, I understand the whole concept of "to each his own" but there's just something somewhat creepy about a 27 year old collecting picture cards of a player who can't even legally operate a motor vehicle without his parents inside.

Yeah to each his own, a player's age, team or league he plays on is not important, a player is a player and potential is more important than anything!

16U is only another part of the hobby adults aren't supposed to think too hard about, just as people aren't encouraged to worry too much that Bowman doesn't accurately depict an MiLBer's team and league.

Members online

Latest posts