Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prospects you have high hopes for in 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Just for fun, who are some prospects/young stars you have high hopes for in 2011?

Here are five I'd love to see do well:

-Ryan Strieby- I have a large stash and would love to sell it for a large pile of money. Power is real, can he get his wrist healthy?

-Matt Moore- Minor League Strikeout King two years running, can he three-peat?

-Mike Stanton- Has enough power to blast 50, maybe even 60 homers in a season. Wish I had more than one card.

-Logan Morrison- Should be the other half of Florida's young Dynamic Duo, I think he'll hit .315 with 15-20 homers in 2011.

-Jarrod Parker- Sounds like he's back to form after surgery, could see ML debut in 2011.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Mike Trout- Is there more power in there somewhere? And how long will he stay in the CAL league and rack up power numbers?

Zachary Heathcott- Lackluster year last year, but lots of raw talent and an incredible work ethic. Looking for a breakout year.

Jesus Montero- Tons of power, how will he perform in the big show? Will he make the team out of ST?

Wil Myers- First player in the MWL to double-digit homers last year..can he add to his power at higher levels?

Gary Sanchez- The Yankees like him, let's hope it wasn't $3M for nothing.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
Shelby Miller -- 12.1 K/9 IP ratio last year, only improved as the season went on
Jacob Turner -- excellent last year, should be 19/20 yrs old in AA
Derek Holland -- he has the ability to be a #2 starter, just needs to develop the mental aspect of his game
Jameson Taillon -- ridiculous stuff, hope he doesn't get ruined by poor coaching
Randall Delgado -- think he'll be better than Teheran
Zach Lee -- love the stuff
Drew Vettleson -- underrated hitter

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Just for fun, who are some prospects/young stars you have high hopes for in 2011?

Here are five I'd love to see do well:

-Ryan Strieby- I have a large stash and would love to sell it for a large pile of money. Power is real, can he get his wrist healthy?

-Matt Moore- Minor League Strikeout King two years running, can he three-peat?

-Mike Stanton- Has enough power to blast 50, maybe even 60 homers in a season. Wish I had more than one card.

-Logan Morrison- Should be the other half of Florida's young Dynamic Duo, I think he'll hit .315 with 15-20 homers in 2011.

-Jarrod Parker- Sounds like he's back to form after surgery, could see ML debut in 2011.

I remember when I sold a EEE Park auto /25 for 150$ on ebay :D

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
Somebody has to do it - Cameron Maybin. Can he finally pull all the pieces together at Petco? It should be his job to take.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Kirk Nieuwenhuis - Will the Mets move Beltran before the deadline and give the kid a shot?

Martin Perez - Make us forget about last year!

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
boxbreaker44 said:
Yefri Carvajal - Huge raw Power but cant put it together

Don't think I've ever read a scouting report saying Yefri has "huge raw power".
"It’s a great baseball cliche to say that there’s a different sound when the ball comes off the bat of certain players. Denis claims that this statement holds true for Carvajal. On the traditional 20-80 scouting scale, Carvajal’s power checks in at 70, although a hand injury masked it somewhat in 2006. While acknowledging that Carvajal “needs to be more selective” at the plate, Denis thinks that he could be something special in the future"

from Dennis Savage

Take it for what its worth..I saw him play quite a bit and I didnt see it but when I invested it was in 2008 before i saw him play. So since Ive got some money in him Im going with this :D

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I wonder if Michael Taylor will stop acting like a lightweight and start hitting balls over the fence.

I just had to say something different since my hopes are the obvious ones.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I have many, I'll pick a couple randomly...

Max Kepler - Young, toolsy, very athletic and a ballet background. Hoping he builds on a quality debut and starts to show a bit more power.

Manny Banuelos - Undersized southpaw keeps overwhelming older hitters. Hopefully he will do well enough to be considered for a September call -up. I really hope he finally gets a damn Bowman Chrome.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Kelly Dugan PHI OF - He should have played full season ball last year, but the Phillies have a huge OF glut in the lower minors. Only included in one set as of now (excluding Tristar), 2009 Elite. Dude can rake.

Aaron Sanchez TOR P - Will probably start in Low-A considering how dominant he was after he signed. Pitchability and stuff, lethal combination.

Members online

Latest posts