Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Chrome Wrapper Redemption Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Via Twitter.

topps_support -- Bowman Chrome Baseball Redemption Packs will start shipping Late January

How many wrappers did each of you send in?

450 here (25 boxes).

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Can someone link me to the redemption information?

I need to send my 5 boxes worth in!

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
THis is my first time sending in wrappers to Topps. How do you guys generally send them? Just take all the wrappers and shove them in a padded mailer? Divide them up into batch of 18? Send seperately in different mailers per box?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I'm rubber banding together each 18 wrapper pack, and sending a letter with a note as to how many packs are there as well as my address, all in one envelope

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
wbonus said:
THis is my first time sending in wrappers to Topps. How do you guys generally send them? Just take all the wrappers and shove them in a padded mailer?

I did the first box this way - slid 18 wrappers into a team bag (but didn't seal it since the team bag is shorter than the wrapper lengths). Placed under a heavy book for 1 week, then the wrappers were so flat and compacted they could be placed in a paper envelope with a forever stamp and mailed to topps.

I will do the same for the 2nd and 3rd boxes when I get around to ripping those by the redemption deadline.

wickedliquids

Feb 4, 2010
Got a question about this and how you guys are sending the wrappers in;

Reading the Topps Chrome wrapper redemption threads a little while ago, it seemed like sending in a bunch of wrappers at the same time yielded many collectors the same packs, over and over again. Now, perhaps the volume of cards will be different than the Topps wrapper redemption, but wouldn't it be more prudent to send them, let's say....2 stacks at a time?

More specifically, send in (I'm just using a random number) 36 wrappers for two packs, then maybe a week later send out 36 more wrappers, etc etc. I know it sounds like a pain, but the way Topps Chrome was being collated and sent out to collectors, many receiving identical packs, wouldn't it be better to simply send the wrappers out in waves?

I have about 200 wrappers or so I think and my concern was sending them all in, getting back 10 packs to find 7 identical packs.

Thoughts?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
wickedliquids said:
Got a question about this and how you guys are sending the wrappers in;

Reading the Topps Chrome wrapper redemption threads a little while ago, it seemed like sending in a bunch of wrappers at the same time yielded many collectors the same packs, over and over again. Now, perhaps the volume of cards will be different than the Topps wrapper redemption, but wouldn't it be more prudent to send them, let's say....2 stacks at a time?

More specifically, send in (I'm just using a random number) 36 wrappers for two packs, then maybe a week later send out 36 more wrappers, etc etc. I know it sounds like a pain, but the way Topps Chrome was being collated and sent out to collectors, many receiving identical packs, wouldn't it be better to simply send the wrappers out in waves?

I have about 200 wrappers or so I think and my concern was sending them all in, getting back 10 packs to find 7 identical packs.

Thoughts?

That's a good point, but what if those 7 packs had Strasburg autos in each one?

:)

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Jesus Christ, that's the ugliest Mike Stanton card I've seen

Its not ugly at all. Its the time he hit a HR, rounded the bases, came back into the dugout and then continued to watch the flight of the ball as it finally began to come down.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
18, which will give me a grand total of 1 pack.

Wasn't the news released that the production numbers of these packs was going to be greatly increased, spreading the quality hits across far more packs full of base? I would have thought the value of the wrappers would have taken a huge hit once that info came out. As it stands, if one redeemed 2 cases worth of wrappers, they would have an equivalent of 24 redemption packs (which are selling for nearly $200). If the odds held true, that person, if busting the redemption packs, wouldn't pull a single hit and would have spent $200 for a bunch of paper Bowmans. Is this line of thinking correct or am I missing something? If so, I don't see what the big deal is unless everyone is speculating on the Harper pull.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
bballcardkid said:
18, which will give me a grand total of 1 pack.

Wasn't the news released that the production numbers of these packs was going to be greatly increased, spreading the quality hits across far more packs full of base? I would have thought the value of the wrappers would have taken a huge hit once that info came out. As it stands, if one redeemed 2 cases worth of wrappers, they would have an equivalent of 24 redemption packs (which are selling for nearly $200). If the odds held true, that person, if busting the redemption packs, wouldn't pull a single hit and would have spent $200 for a bunch of paper Bowmans. Is this line of thinking correct or am I missing something? If so, I don't see what the big deal is unless everyone is speculating on the Harper pull.

To me, it seems that a person is only out $200 if they bought the redemption packs. If you submitted them yourself, then it's pretty much like getting a freebie, right? Or at least, it's the same as opening a regular box or pack - the odds are pretty high against you getting the big hits, but someone has to get them!

I know there's the argument that you're still out $$$ if you open the redemption packs you could otherwise sell, but I still think most people view them as freebies.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
Different question... Which would be more profitable- selling the wrappers now or selling the packs when you get them? I would think the packs would get you more of a return, especially at first.

Members online

Latest posts