Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

More Leaf Ali Images

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
BG what is the event worn from? Training? And if so do we know what fight Ali was training for? What is it shorts? robe?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Hey look...scanned sequential cards to help resolve the faking mysteries.

Well played Leaf.

+1
And it looks professional to boot. Very nice job.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
BG what is the event worn from? Training? And if so do we know what fight Ali was training for? What is it shorts? robe?

I had the same question.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
nyc3 said:

Leaf said:
They are obtained from the single best source of Ali Fight worn (at the staggering price of $35,000!). These have been authenticated and photo matched by multiple parties/experts.

These were trunks from the Oscar Bonavena fight in 1970. Incredible fight! (Read about how Bonavena died for a very interesting story, off topic).

At this record cost for fight used trunks, fight used cards with no signature cost over $100 per to produce!
The card back states in which fight the trunks were worn.

BG

p.s- most companies in past have used training used trunks and called them fight used.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Marro said:
nyc3 said:

Leaf said:
They are obtained from the single best source of Ali Fight worn (at the staggering price of $35,000!). These have been authenticated and photo matched by multiple parties/experts.

These were trunks from the Oscar Bonavena fight in 1970. Incredible fight! (Read about how Bonavena died for a very interesting story, off topic).

At this record cost for fight used trunks, fight used cards with no signature cost over $100 per to produce!

BG

p.s- most companies in past have used training used trunks and called them fight used.

Those would be the fight used ones. These say event used, and then there are ones clearly labeled fight used. So there are 2 different used items here it would appear.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
nyc3 said:
Marro said:
nyc3 said:

Leaf said:

BG

Those would be the fight used ones. These say event used, and then there are ones clearly labeled fight used. So there are 2 different used items here it would appear.

my quote was more too add about your question. He stated in the p.s, That training used items would not be used. Whats the difference between event and training? I saw the fight and event used and now am curious what the difference is myself.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Marro said:
my quote was more too add about your question. He stated in the p.s, That training used items would not be used. Whats the difference between event and training? I saw the fight and event used and now am curious what the difference is myself.

my bad, I think he was refering to others using event used and labeling them fight used. I am just curious on what they are from :lol:

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Event worn means worn by Ali, however not during a fight or "verifiable" training.
The items are absolutely authenticated as being worn by ALI, by Ali himself/Muhammad Ali Enterprises.
BG

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Leaf said:
Event worn means worn by Ali, however not during a fight or "verifiable" training.
The items are absolutely authenticated as being worn by ALI, by Ali himself/Muhammad Ali Enterprises.
BG

All I was looking to find out, Thanks

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
Any chance of putting a few redemptions for complete base sets?

Nice idea!... It is hard to make a base set from boxes (25 boxes to make set if perfect collation)..
BG

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Leaf said:
nyc3 said:
Any chance of putting a few redemptions for complete base sets?

Nice idea!... It is hard to make a base set from boxes (25 boxes to make set if perfect collation)..
BG

Not enough to kill the value of a base set say 10-20? I dont know you would know better than me.

Hell maybe even stamp or number the redemption sets (back please cause I been digging the pictures).

Members online