Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily - Thursday - January 6, 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
Normally I don't even try to start these but, I'm starting this one.

I got my daily ebay emails and almost crapped my pants. I've been looking for one of these since 2006 when it came up with a BIN/BO. I offered $7.75 and was going to go to sleep but I couldn't sleep. So I took a shower and throughout the entire shower I was thinking about whether I wanted to risk losing the card for about $5 difference.

I paid 0.99 over book, and I don't give a shat:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

I've been stuck on needing four Obomanu cards to have every non 1/1. Now I only need three. :D :D :D :D

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
Card Magnet said:
Congrats on the find! Hopefully you can land the last three.

It will take an act of God...

The Topps Total Black/50 should surfaced at some point in time.

The Gridiron Gear Gold O's/100..well heck, the platinum just showed up so now I have hope for this one.

The Donruss Elite Status Red/2...yeah...a Seahawk collector has one of these but he dropped off the face of the earth. I don't know if the 2/2 was ever pulled. Basically, unless that Seahawks guy ever comes back and follows through with a sale, the status red is basically a 1/1.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
seahawks4ever said:

I got my daily ebay emails and almost crapped my pants. I've been looking for one of these since 2006 when it came up with a BIN/BO. I offered $7.75 and was going to go to sleep but I couldn't sleep. So I took a shower and throughout the entire shower I was thinking about whether I wanted to risk losing the card for about $5 difference.

I've been stuck on needing four Obomanu cards to have every non 1/1. Now I only need three. :D :D :D :D

Good land, man! I know what a pain in the ass those Donruss parallels can be, and it's always a great feeling to cross one off the list. Maybe we need to have a 2006 Topps Total case break - between Obomanu, and other Seahawks, Greenway and Hodge, Sinorice... who knows what could come of it!

Or, we could just save our money and wait for them to surface. Probably the smarter plan, I suppose.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I've got about 600+ cards to sort, sleeve, etc.

I think I've put it off as long as possible. Tons of crap, some sellable, and some Old School basketball from the late 80s, when people still cared about the NBA. :lol:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mstng99tim said:
Even though it's not official yet, it appears Pitt has hired Penn State's head coach, Tom Bradley.
But Penn State's head coach is Joe Paterno...

:p I know what you meant. Hopefully Bradley doesn't kill a ****** or something and get fired so that Pitt doesn't get set back even more.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Decent hire it seems by Pitt. I wonder who he raids from Penn State.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
This is an EXCELLENT hire by Pitt, it'll stop some recruits from de-committing from Pitt. Rumor is that Teryl Austin, a highly regarded coach who started at cornerback for Pitt in the 1980s will be the defensive coordinator. Austin was the defensive coordinator at Florida last year. He has long wanted to get back to Pitt and was hoping for a job on Dave Wannstedt's original staff.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Card Magnet said:
mstng99tim said:
Even though it's not official yet, it appears Pitt has hired Penn State's head coach, Tom Bradley.

:p I know what you meant. Hopefully Bradley doesn't kill a ****** or something and get fired so that Pitt doesn't get set back even more.
JoePa cracks me up, he doesn't even wear a headset. What coach (besides him) doesn't wear a headset???

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mstng99tim said:
Card Magnet said:
mstng99tim said:

JoePa cracks me up, he doesn't even wear a headset. What coach (besides him) doesn't wear a headset???
I think they just give him a clipboard and let him think he's coaching. He's more of a symbol now.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
seahawks4ever said:

Good luck on the rest bud.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
Slette said:
seahawks4ever said:

Good land, man! I know what a pain in the ass those Donruss parallels can be, and it's always a great feeling to cross one off the list. Maybe we need to have a 2006 Topps Total case break - between Obomanu, and other Seahawks, Greenway and Hodge, Sinorice... who knows what could come of it!

Or, we could just save our money and wait for them to surface. Probably the smarter plan, I suppose.

I wouldn't have a problem doing it if there were some others that wanted to do it. I think I could get 2006 Topps Total for around $25/box. It sucks that 2006 is such a weak draft class but yeah, I'd be down!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I can't remember if they made a gold that year that I'm missing. I have the black because a certain Seahawks fan nabbed it from ebay and sent it my way :) .

406-toppstotal.png
406-toppstotal-blue.png
406-toppstotal-red.png
406-toppstotal-black.png

Status
Not open for further replies.