Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How long will USPS hold a "delivery was attempted" item?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I sold an expensive amount of cards to a buyer on eBay and a notice was left for them on Dec. 29. Due to the amount, I added signature confirmation of course. The buyer still has not picked them up from USPS yet.

How long will they hold it for the buyer? I thought at one point they actually return it to the sender in the event it does not get picked up. I just want to make sure I know it is being returned in the event he never picks it up.

And if that happens, shouldn't the buyer have to pay for shipping again?

I'm curious if any of you have ever had this happen before and what you did.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
cmnkb8 said:
blazers091 said:

It's 14 days. It goes back to the sender on the 15th day

So in 6 more days, it could be returned to me. I wonder if the guy even noticed the card that USPS left for him.

But if it does get sent back, would it be wrong for me to charge him for shipping again and not ship it until then?

Not trying to be a jerk about it, but why should I have to pay for shipping twice because he wouldn't pick it up?

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
tommyfro21 said:
cmnkb8 said:
blazers091 said:

So in 6 more days, it could be returned to me. I wonder if the guy even noticed the card that USPS left for him.

But if it does get sent back, would it be wrong for me to charge him for shipping again and not ship it until then?

Not trying to be a jerk about it, but why should I have to pay for shipping twice because he wouldn't pick it up?

Have you tried messaging the buyer and letting them know it's sitting at the post office?

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Not yet. Just realized how long it had been today and need to do so.

gvsu96 said:
tommyfro21 said:
cmnkb8 said:
blazers091 said:

Have you tried messaging the buyer and letting them know it's sitting at the post office?

tombb25

Dec 17, 2009
Napa, CA
You should definitely message him, thought if it does have to be re-shipped, then yes they should pay for the re-shipment, it is not your job to make sure they are home when the package gets there

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
tombb25 said:
You should definitely message him, thought if it does have to be re-shipped, then yes they should pay for the re-shipment, it is not your job to make sure they are home when the package gets there

Turns out the USPS never updated the info. He said he has it them package for a while now.

Go figure...

Latest posts