Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS Raw Card Review Question-grade guaranteed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiracleMatthew

Jan 15, 2010
Midland, TX
999 out of 1000 won't change. The 1 that will is the one that was made to stop a table from wabbling, or something ridiculous like that. Those semi rigid holders are pretty sturdy, and the bgs tape keeps out dust and other harmful things. If you don't abuse the cards, they won't change...

afrobandit said:
Be very careful with high-dollar RCR cards cause people can open up the cases and change cards.

Its not a crazy high priced card. Around 80$. Its not serial numbered either which does make succeptable though. When i get some extra cash i will have it done or maybe done on site at the next major card show i attend.

CBypETg2kKGrHqEOKpgE0VI1OEBNI6I6mqQ0_3.jpg

MiracleMatthew

Jan 15, 2010
Midland, TX
It would be EXTREMELY hard to open one of those and put in a new card and have it not be totally obvious. Skeptics are everywhere, but I have talked to a BGS rep, and they said you barely mess with that gold or silver tape on top, it leaves the word "void" all over the top, and the grade is no longer even looked at. Not trying to offend anyone, just trying to help.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
MiracleMatthew said:
It would be EXTREMELY hard to open one of those and put in a new card and have it not be totally obvious. Skeptics are everywhere, but I have talked to a BGS rep, and they said you barely mess with that gold or silver tape on top, it leaves the word "void" all over the top, and the grade is no longer even looked at. Not trying to offend anyone, just trying to help.

I believe they do it by cutting open the side of it and then resealing it. The sticker doesnt seem to be a real deterrent either, just ply it up and glue it back with a new card inside.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts