Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Few prospects questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
Just was looking around like i usually do this time of year at prospects to buy. i have done rather well in the past 2 years in prospects that i have been able to buy cheap an sell high. I love prospecting an hearing that your guy is getting called up to the bigs or had a good night in the minors is always a special kind-of rush. So i was looking at a few guys that are cheap right now that might have a chance at doing well next year. Now i like most prospectors on these boards i am not gonna say obvious names or the few hidden gems i am still buying cheap that i really like. but how do ppl feel about the below few names

Quincy Latimore
Bradley Suttle
Kaleb COwart
James Darnell
Charlie Blackmon

Like every prospector i have made some good picks an some bad picks. Here is 2 of each

The Good
Ike Davis- I was buying his cards very low in 2009 an 2010 treated me well when he came to New York. Only wish i would of bought more. he was my first prospect i heavily invested in.

Danny Espinosa- I was buying his autos for .99 cents or less for months. Then he comes to the majors after destroying the minors an just puts on a show. I cashed out very early when he started hitting homeruns after his callup i could of held an made more but was happy with the 10-20X profit on his cards.

The Bad
Anthony Hewitt- I still own 8-10 of his cards. I bought 15-20 bowman chrome autos of his in spring training of 09. All he ever did was strike out. I had a chance in april of '10 to make back my investment on him when he was doing well. But like a bad prospector i thought maybe he turned a corner an if i sell now i will regret it. There was one night in April where i seriously debated buying more of his cards because he was doing well. Hitting for average, not striking out an hitting homeruns. Luckily i told myself to wait a few more days an that is when the strikeouts started coming an several a day. Well lets just say i am still sitting on most of my Anthony Hewitt Chrome Autos.

Jiovanni Mier- I took his numbers from the 09 season an thought he would put up solid numbers in '10 but he regressed but i still think he can turn it around. Will i put more money into him. Probably not but i can see him rebound an turn into a solid SS who hits for average with very little power. He is still young an early '11 will be the hold/sell time.

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010
From your lips to God's ears on Suttle - not so sure tho.

Darnell is probably the best bet of 5 you listed.

Members online