Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mail Day in the Middle East!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRAVISAKERS

Aug 23, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
So I just had my first mail call on my deployment out in the desert, and it was a great morale booster... Here's what came in:

2007 Bowman Sterling Carl Crawford/Evan Longoria Dual Signature 48/199 BGS 9.5/10
2008 Lars Anderson Bowman Chrome Auto BGS 9.5/10 w/ 2 sub 10s
2010 Topps USA Jackie Bradley Jr Blue Auto
2010 Topps USA Jackie Bradley Jr 3 Jersey Auto 35/219
2010 Bowman Platinum Jackie Bradley Jr Blue Ref 51/99

To help the weeks pass by I am only going to pick up my mail/care packages on Fridays to have something to look forward to each week. My tent is going to start looking like a hobby shop soon!

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Thank you for your service.I have question that I always wondered about.How do you keep your stuff safe from damage and theft while you are deployed?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
hofmichael said:
Thank you for your service.I have question that I always wondered about.How do you keep your stuff safe from damage and theft while you are deployed?

Just a guess, but do you keep them in your footlocker at the bottom, locked? Or can't you do that.

TRAVISAKERS

Aug 23, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
thank you all for the support first! to answer your questions. i had to come home over christmas for a funeral and while i was home i brought back two of my hard plastic cases as well as a few cards to trade with to pass the time. i am a flyer so i don't see ship time even thought i'm in the navy. i'm actually on an army camp and am currently living in a large tent with 4 other guys that are on my combat crew. i keep the cards in penny sleeves, then top loaders, and then in the plastic cases. i do have a stand up locker in my tent and keep it wrapped up in a towel in the bottom of my locker and lock it when i am not in the tent. but the guys in my tent are my brothers. we have been flying together for a few years and i trust them with my life. so i do not worry about theft. now if i were on a ship i would not have brought anything with me or have bought anything on my deployment bc the ship guys are a little sketchy. i am hoping that my wife gets a couple of baseballs out here to me soon though, andre dawson, logan morrison, and john buck will be here next month!

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
NOTICE ; if you are in my area during season i'll have free tickets for you . maybe even get you to throw out first pitch . Thanks for your service .

Latest posts