Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

You have got to be kidding me.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbdub808

Nov 12, 2010
I offered 12 dollars on this
[ebay:xntzyt4x]330506969680[/ebay:xntzyt4x]
and the seller sent me back a counter of 19.84...come on

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
zbdub808 said:
brouthercard said:
Just counter him with $19.83 and take the darn card (and skip lunch today!) :lol:

haha cannot big man got to eat

Big man? sounds like you gotsta shed a few, buy a fity cent apple for lunch and buy that sucker- it's already a steal!

zbdub808

Nov 12, 2010
how is it a low ball offer i just wanted to start the offers going...its called bartering

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
zbdub808 said:
how is it a low ball offer i just wanted to start the offers going...its called bartering

It's barely 50%!!

Sorry, I'm being, and was being, sarcastic, because of my post a few days ago.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=117321

Technically, it's called negotiation. Bartering is a method of exchange by which goods or services are directly exchanged for other goods or services without utilizing a monetary component.

People on ebay don't understand negotiation.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Jeff N. said:
He should have banned you from bidding on his auctions with your lowball offer and thanked you for wasting his time.

:benson:

You still don't get it do you? Sigh, it's not worth rehashing again...Carry on riding your high horse.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
He should have banned you from bidding on his auctions with your lowball offer and thanked you for wasting his time.

Well if that is the case...go ahead and block me from all of your auctions in advance then. I wouldn't consider that a lowball offer in the least. $5 or less would have been lowballing it even though I could probably pick something similar to this card up at my shop for around $5-$7.

Sometimes I think people who sell on ebay get too caught up in the fact that ebay is a place where they can get the top dollar for their cards due to the sheer size of the market. And when it doesn't happen...they sit on things hoping that it will.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
predatorkj said:
Jeff N. said:

Well if that is the case...go ahead and block me from all of your auctions in advance then. I wouldn't consider that a lowball offer in the least. $5 or less would have been lowballing it even though I could probably pick something similar to this card up at my shop for around $5-$7.

Sometimes I think people who sell on ebay get too caught up in the fact that ebay is a place where they can get the top dollar for their cards due to the sheer size of the market. And when it doesn't happen...they sit on things hoping that it will.
he was making a joke, pred

decaf, brother, decaf

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Jeff N. said:
zbdub808 said:

It's barely 50%!!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=117321

Technically, it's called negotiation. Bartering is a method of exchange by which goods or services are directly exchanged for other goods or services without utilizing a monetary component.

He should have offered him $2. That's lower than $12, right.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
chashawk said:
predatorkj said:
Jeff N. said:

he was making a joke, pred

decaf, brother, decaf

(sigh)

sarcasm is lost when it comes to ebay items...

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
zbdub808 said:
I offered 12 dollars on this
[ebay:adhwna0e]330506969680[/ebay:adhwna0e]
and the seller sent me back a counter of 19.84...come on

Just send another offer for $15

Really, it's a few clicks on the keyboard and 10 seconds or so

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
What are you complaining about? Counter back at $12.25. If he wants to play hardball, let him play!

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
Jeff N. said:
zbdub808 said:

It's barely 50%!!

http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewt ... 2&t=117321

RULE #1 in negotiations
You can only negotiate from a position of strength

Seller has the strength therefore you are subject to their demands, he is not subject to yours.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Jeff N. said:

icon_lol.gif

Members online

Latest posts