Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Week's Hot-List is live!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Damn. I bought a Simmons Red Ref for $60 and just sent it to BGS. Had I paid more attention to the market, I would have flipped it instead.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
Simmons and Lipka seem to be the result of the shorter supply and 2 new buyers coming in and being aggressive. Interesting to see how long it holds. I'm betting Lipka doesn't fall back too much unless we see a flood of parallels, considering he should be at least a top 3 Braves prospect in another year (Freeman, Minor, Kimbrel all graduating, and Delgado and Teheran not far behind). Glad I already picked up my red and a number of other cards.

Joshua beat me out on all the Simmons gold/orange refractors early on, but I think he's overprice at current levels, too much positional uncertainty and the longer he stays in the field, the longer he'll take if he does has to convert back to pitching.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
Damn. I bought a Simmons Red Ref for $60 and just sent it to BGS. Had I paid more attention to the market, I would have flipped it instead.

a story about how great simmons is just came out on BA too...that's not going to hurt.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
masonphillip said:
Jaypers said:

a story about how great simmons GLOVE is just came out on BA too...that's not going to hurt.

fixed it for you ;)

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
abravesfan said:
Simmons and Lipka seem to be the result of the shorter supply and 2 new buyers coming in and being aggressive. Interesting to see how long it holds. I'm betting Lipka doesn't fall back too much unless we see a flood of parallels, considering he should be at least a top 3 Braves prospect in another year (Freeman, Minor, Kimbrel all graduating, and Delgado and Teheran not far behind). Glad I already picked up my red and a number of other cards.

Joshua beat me out on all the Simmons gold/orange refractors early on, but I think he's overprice at current levels, too much positional uncertainty and the longer he stays in the field, the longer he'll take if he does has to convert back to pitching.

I pretty much said the same thing in the Hot List Suggestions thread yesterday. No way I'm buying at these levels, did you happen to win the Printing Plate that was listed awhile back. That was pretty much the card I didn't win early on. Just goes to show how two people can affect an auction. And I can say I'm not one of them, I bid along the same lines as I was in the beginning only to be obliterated by both of them.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
abravesfan said:

I pretty much said the same thing in the Hot List Suggestions thread yesterday. No way I'm buying at these levels, did you happen to win the Printing Plate that was listed awhile back. That was pretty much the card I didn't win early on. Just goes to show how two people can affect an auction. And I can say I'm not one of them, I bid along the same lines as I was in the beginning only to be obliterated by both of them.

nope, only was trying to grab a gold/orange or two for $10-$15 but never beat you. Did pick up 5 blues for very reasonable prices.

cfind

Jun 10, 2010
Yeah, but we're in the middle of the hockey season and the offseason sport dominates 9 of 10 spots.

I'm not saying it's not justified, but a little more variety would be nice, considering players like Logan Couture have seen 100% price increases in several key RC's due to his recent play.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
cfind said:
Yeah, but we're in the middle of the hockey season and the offseason sport dominates 9 of 10 spots.

I'm not saying it's not justified, but a little more variety would be nice, considering players like Logan Couture have seen 100% price increases in several key RC's due to his recent play.

I have no response. Thanked.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
cfind said:

Before hot lists are posted, suggestions are solicited. I'm sure if you had brought Couture to everyone's attention, he would have been listed with an increase like that. No one person can keep his finger on the pulse of collectibles in 5 or 6 sports.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
mudflap02 said:
cfind said:

Before hot lists are posted, suggestions are solicited. I'm sure if you had brought Couture to everyone's attention, he would have been listed with an increase like that. No one person can keep his finger on the pulse of collectibles in 5 or 6 sports.

From yesterdays suggestion thread

cfind said:
Logan Couture

I have no complaints here, its impossible to satisfy everybody. I appreciate and look forward to the lists. I actually do like seeing other sports besides baseball make an appearance, I like getting educated on hockey because I know nothing about. Keep up the good work on the hotlists.

cfind

Jun 10, 2010
stevezimmer22 said:
mudflap02 said:
cfind said:

From yesterdays suggestion thread

cfind said:
Logan Couture

I have no complaints here, its impossible to satisfy everybody. I appreciate and look forward to the lists. I actually do like seeing other sports besides baseball make an appearance, I like getting educated on hockey because I know nothing about. Keep up the good work on the hotlists.

True, I agree with that. If I wasn't in such a rush, I would have posted something a little more substantial than "Logan Couture", but I was kind of hoping I wouldn't be the only one to notice his "hotness" :lol:

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Simmons Blue Refractors were 99 cents at release?

thats how the article reads

about that yeah.

on coutore, i looked, i just didn't see the price spikes, can you point me to some specific sales?

honestly between basketball, baseball, football and hockey i think we've had a very diverse mix lately.

Members online

Latest posts