Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PICTURE OF THE REAL BOX-SEARCHER AT END OF THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Guys, so as to help any of you avoid what I've just gone through, please look at the pictures of the wrappers and jumbo box wrap that was resealed. The box was searched and resealed. The pictures of the wrappers are of the lower left edge that is still sealed-- I never opened that portion of the wrapper. He opened one on the top, which I also included. The 12th wrapper that was searched is not included because the seal was so soft it just fell open.

The final wrapper picture is a legit wrapper edge, taken from a previously opened pack from a jumbo box I have here, also of the lower left edge which is perfectly intact. So, if you ever suspect anything, check the edges carefully to make sure they line up.

Everything looked sealed to me when I got the box, and I didn't know to check on this fact until afterwards. The evidence now is glaring.

The cello-wrap pics show the back seal on the box where it was sliced open and then re-heat-sealed-- notice the bubbles/melting. I hope this helps those of you who care.

http://s961.photobucket.com/albums/ae94 ... D%20PACKS/

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Re: PICTURES OF DEFUNCT JUMBO BOX WRAPPERS, BOX WRAP

several of those pictures will haunt my dreams

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Re: PICTURES OF DEFUNCT JUMBO BOX WRAPPERS, BOX WRAP

i'll change it to defective so as to help people from flying off-topic

thanks

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Re: PICTURES OF DEFECTIVE JUMBO BOX WRAPPERS, BOX WRAP

I stole it.

No.

I bought it off ebay. Guy had 200+ positives this year and one negative (for box-searching). Took him 18 days to get it here and he's in a bordering state from me. Go figure.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

Let me resolve it with him first. We are working on it.

He claims innocence and says that if what I say is true, then whomever had the boxes before him box-searched them. Blah blah blah.

He's trying to weasel out of it by offering me $125 back and the cards. I want a full refund. The box was complete BS.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula

bmp1971 said:
Let me resolve it with him first. We are working on it.

He claims innocence and says that if what I say is true, then whomever had the boxes before him box-searched them. Blah blah blah.

He's trying to weasel out of it by offering me $125 back and the cards. I want a full refund. The box was complete BS.
I'll bet it is the ebayer "bigorange1618".

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

OK, so the ******-bag seller, after I pressured to submit a fraud case today and file a civil case tomorrow, has written to say he will refund the full amount of the box once he gets all the cards, wrappers, wrap, etc, back. Then had a few choice words to say. Nice guy.

He claims he wrote to Paypal to alert them he'd refund me within 24 hours of getting all this stuff back. I doubt he contacted them, but we'll see. I'll talk to Paypal tomorrow and find out what they advise and if he contacted them. I'm not shipping back on my dime either.

The guy is a total crook. Be very careful not to buy boxes out of northern Maine off ebay!!!!!! I guess he lives as close to the Canadian border as possible in case he needs to flee the country when the law catches up to him.

Anyway, it seems Paypal should require him to refund first in this case, or have me send to them, then to him, to be sure. Anybody know if it's safe enough to just send back with tracking as long as Paypal is mediating this? I'm not keen on giving up all the evidence if he wants to pull some more crap, which he might.

Thanks.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010

So there was no Wil Myer superfractor? I was hoping for it to be pulled. :)

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

You should call PayPal, ask for a supervisor, or their fraud dept, and report the entire situation before you send anything.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

Yankees1218 said:
So there was no Wil Myer superfractor? I was hoping for it to be pulled. :)

yah, no kidding. me too. unless he yanked it and has it there, it's still on the loose. i plan to get another jumbo once i get the refund, so still hoping to hit it, as well as any higher-end harper refs, machado, etc.

it's such a pain dealing with criminals. they have about 50 screws loose, but the one they have tightly in is to be a professional at what they do. this guy has duped people for 9 years on ebay. very sad. only a handful have caught up to his schemes.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

chashawk said:
You should call PayPal, ask for a supervisor, or their fraud dept, and report the entire situation before you send anything.

thank you for the good idea-- supervisor idea or fraud dept.

i think i might end up getting advised by them tomorrow to file a claim, submit all my info to them and let them get my money back, rather than have no claim filed (right now it's just in dispute form) and risk him simply saying he didn't get things back, or whatever. i wonder how people like this feel when they end up in prison and face their recompense? prob not too good.

i'm also considering telling him if he doesn't refund now, first, with s/h fees, I'll just file a civil case and internet fraud case against him tomorrow, so as to avoid further problems. of course if he were a legit seller, i'd return and get refunded when he gets the item. but this is not a legit person i'm dealing with.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

bmp1971 said:
chashawk said:

thank you for the good idea-- supervisor idea or fraud dept.

i think i might end up getting advised by them tomorrow to file a claim, submit all my info to them and let them get my money back, rather than have no claim filed (right now it's just in dispute form) and risk him simply saying he didn't get things back, or whatever. i wonder how people like this feel when they end up in prison and face their recompense? prob not too good.

i'm also considering telling him if he doesn't refund now, first, with s/h fees, I'll just file a civil case and internet fraud case against him tomorrow, so as to avoid further problems. of course if he were a legit seller, i'd return and get refunded when he gets the item. but this is not a legit person i'm dealing with.

Enjoy paying the court costs of a civil case.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

thanks Jeff-- just saying I'd tell him I will.

so, Phillies-BoSox World Series this year? it's my prediction, but Lee will choke again and Papi and Gonzalez will carry them to their 3rd W.Series ring of the century, with a couple young stud new pitchers stepping up-- namely Doubront. :D

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

Just have to post this because it's funny: seller writes to Paypal to complain he can't go after the guy he bought the box from in October and is screwed now. Strange story. A few days ago he emailed me he bought "5 boxes at the beginning of the season as an investment to put away", but since Strasburg got hurt he decided to sell them. Strasburg got hurt in August. More lies. Screws loose. So many.

I wish we had a legal system to get more than a refund in cases like this where so much time is lost dealing with the crime.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire

PayPal's got me covered and I'll get the $200 back as soon as the package arrives to the address they give me.

Don't buy boxes out of Houlton, ME.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island

bmp1971 said:
PayPal's got me covered and I'll get the $200 back as soon as the package arrives to the address they give me.

The fraudulent ebay seller is out of northern Maine, so just don't buy out of waaaaay up north in Maine. If you really need his handle, PM me.
Thats just brilliant, taint all of Maine's sellers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts